onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 16th Sept 2014, Port Vale v Bristol C, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

They are due to turn out an impressive performance for the fan's.Finger's crossed that this is the game where it happens.I'm going to go for 1-0 Vale win.(now where is my medication? ;))

That type of medication hasn't been invented yet Melv;)Bristol City are no different than any other team,they will score at least 2.

Advert

Slew shows promise and is regaining his confidence after a poor experience at Blackburn so it is clearly time for Adams to drop him. Seriously Slew and Pope need more time together to develop an understanding and they need far more support from central midfield. Both Marshall and Moore are promising wingers but will someone please tell Adams that with two wingers on the field and our terrible defensive record we need full backs not wing backs.

That type of medication hasn't been invented yet Melv;)Bristol City are no different than any other team,they will score at least 2.

Another defeat on the cards my top tip is stay at home and save ya money this team disent deserve the type of support it got against crewe you have to earn support

There must be something available somewhere.People are still failing to there is a problem.So they must be taking some form of hallucinogen's.;)

I can't help but think that the VP pitch lends itself to width and getting crosses in, but when we try to play wide we are left with O'Connor and Lines in the middle, neither of whom really enjoy the dirty work. Lines looked better last season with Griff by him. That's by no means an excuse to want Griff back, but even when Lines signed, people said he needed someone to do the dirty work with him.

In reality, if we don't stop conceding, we have no chance, because we don't have the forward line to win 5-4 every week. Personally, I'd go:

Neal

Veseli

Duffy

McGivern

Dicko

Jennings

Brown

Marshall

O'Connor

Moore

Pope

What's the point in going attacking when we don't score enough and can't defend! We are in a scrap, and we need to get any points on the board to get a bit of confidence back!

I can't help but think that the VP pitch lends itself to width and getting crosses in, but when we try to play wide we are left with O'Connor and Lines in the middle, neither of whom really enjoy the dirty work. Lines looked better last season with Griff by him. That's by no means an excuse to want Griff back, but even when Lines signed, people said he needed someone to do the dirty work with him.

In reality, if we don't stop conceding, we have no chance, because we don't have the forward line to win 5-4 every week. Personally, I'd go:

Neal

Veseli

Duffy

McGivern

Dicko

Jennings

Brown

Marshall

O'Connor

Moore

Pope

What's the point in going attacking when we don't score enough and can't defend! We are in a scrap, and we need to get any points on the board to get a bit of confidence back!

I tend to agree and I like the look of that team except I'd rest Pope in place of Slew. No disrespect to Tom but he's looked jaded the last few games.

What a game to have when you're desperate for something from it! Bristol will certainly be coming for three points so we have to really dig in at the back AND in midfield, it's imperative we stop conceding sloppy goals and that includes closing people down when they fancy a long range pop.

On the plus side we should have a chance of hitting them on the counter as we have some pace in the side and they're unlikely to sit back and defend.

My biggest worry is that we just hoof it forward aimlessly from the keeper and all the back four in the same old way hoping Robinson Crusoe (the marooned Tom Pope) can hold it up with three defenders around him, whereby what usually results is the ball invariably comes straight back at the feet of an onrushing opposition midfield who run and pass through our midfield as it parts like the Red Sea.

Not looking forward to this and the team Adams puts out need to fight for their lives, or more accurately his, because a heavy defeat could just be a step too far for Norm given the money he's spent against what I suspect he feels is his better judgement.

Out of all them who played against Crewe for me only slew should be playing on Tuesday the rest shouldn't be playing they should all be dropped. Grow some balls Micky and drop the likes off o'connor, lines, pope, Duffy, Dickinson.

And replace them with who, exactly? Although O'Connor and Lines were useless first half yesterday they improved second half and I can't agree as regards Pope (woeful service & isolated) and Duffy (arguably our best centre half). Dickinson is limited and will always make errors but I'll grant you he's making more than usual at the moment, problem is who else is going to play left back effectively?

Adams has chosen and assembled this squad so it's up to him to get it to work for him. As he's acknowledged, if he doesn't sort it fairly soon he'll probably get the elbow.

And replace them with who, exactly? Although O'Connor and Lines were useless first half yesterday they improved second half and I can't agree as regards Pope (woeful service & isolated) and Duffy (arguably our best centre half). Dickinson is limited and will always make errors but I'll grant you he's making more than usual at the moment, problem is who else is going to play left back effectively?

Adams has chosen and assembled this squad so it's up to him to get it to work for him. As he's acknowledged, if he doesn't sort it fairly soon he'll probably get the elbow.

They could replace them with anybody to be honest I think I could have done better than them on saturday. It's about time they are shown that if u play that badly then u don't play the next game. I'd would replace them with brown and Jennings although I think these 2 aren't the best at least I think would offer some protection to the back 4 and could keep things simple by keeping the balls and passing it short to the wingers. At the minute lines and o'connor just go long all the time. As for Duffy I don't see what people see in him he's generally poor in everything he does and we just won't keep clean sheets with him in the side. As for Dickinson he's responsible for most goals we are conceading at the minute so maybe it's time he is dropped but he cannot be undroppable. Pope is struggling at the minute any1 can see that he's not winning his headers or holding the ball up and looks a million miles away like scoring.

Oh my cannot believe what im reading everyone giving the game too Bristol before a balls kicked.

Well im shift swapping so i can go , i expect the 14 too run through brick walls for the Vale ,im sick to the teeth of reading and seeing the opposition winning games v us on tuesday i expect c a very wound up Vale.

I aint going pick a team ill just say five.

Five as in games in a row lost and five the scoreline the Bristol lads beat us last time.

If that doesnt motivate them nothing will and u doom merchants will be right.

You say this, and then on another thread moan like ****.

They will all do a job in L2...L1 is just a step too far

Even Calvin Andrew managed to find a club so those four will do alright

I do like them, particularly Yatesy and Birchall because they are home grown Vale fans, but the choice is sentimentality or staying up

Will L2 clubs be willing to pay their wages though?

We definitely need a defender or 2 though. A big **** off old fashioned centre half of the organising type.

It'll cost smurf more than what he needs to spend if he doesn't spend it. A football club owners wallet is never closed. If it's not to buy success it's damage limitation

Yates, Robertson, Dodds and Birchall out....a Championship LB, RB, and CB on loan in

I like them...but we can't afford to carry passengers in this situation

Robertson is better than those who are getting picked week in, week out. Probably agree about the others though.

Archived