onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale 2 carlisle 1 - Post Match Discussion

andy jones

How did Jeno play?:D
He did well after the equaliser went in. Up until then he was like most of the rest of the team inept.

Please let me put the record straight I don't dislike Jenno. He just frustrates me to death because he is a talented lad and has God given skills but all too often doesn't use them.

Advert

Again rumour and conjecture about Smurf and Lines!! Do you honestly in your wildest dreams think that he would be meddling in the team affairs and telling Adams not to pick him!!

He has always said that's Micky's domain so stop **** stirring go and make up some more stories to further discredit the man

He's taking business advice only presumably' date=' what's chequered about his business career, he's been exceptionally successful?[/quote'] Are you my minder REP. I am referring to his families past history and his current form at Blackpool isn't too hot either.

What did people think of the crowd yesterday? Acceptable in view of the poor away following? Acceptable in view of the poor way we've played lately? Acceptable in view of the fact we have another home game Tuesday? We broke 5,000 which I feel was OK in all the circumstances and still shows we have a hard core of acceptable fans even when we've been watching dross.

One thing I did notice alarmingly was that the Railway paddock "boys" had dwindled down to a mere handful and were far outnumbered by Stewards and police! Could it be that some of them realised they had been spotted on video/police cameras at Wolves and were absent due to not wanting to be recognised? I am not being wise or detrimental to those decent lads who congregate in that area and spur Vale on , just an observation from me.

At the end of the day it was a vital three points that almost ensures we'll be in this division next year, as well as stopping the rot.

Grimmer was facing Amoo, arguably their most skilful attacker, and all full backs will find it hard if it's a one-on-one situation. I thought their individual battle was a good contest.

Duffy, I agree, does read the game well and uses his experience to the full.

Williamson is an enigma. He took his goal very well indeed but was hardly in the game for the first hour and needs to be more consistent. He and Pope didn't get much service until the second half but he did have a good chance earlier only to head it over the top. Did he jump too soon or was Grimmer's ball a bit too high for him?

Yet again - we look far better when we try and get the ball down and pass it through the pitch, not play hoof ball as in the first 45 minutes.

The gate was much as I expected. Our form has been poor and the season is in danger of petering out. To clear 5000 wasn't that bad really.

Ratings !

Neal 8 important save at 0_1 if,that had gone in would have been curtains.

Grimmer 5 too many crosses coming in from his side last few games ,did ok

Robertson 5 in the air very good still gives players,too much space to,work in.did ok

Duffy 8 our best player,reads the game

Birchall 6 chased ,harried worked his socks off also played intelligent through down the line balls for williamson.

Griff 5

Loft 5

Jmw 7 his cross for Popes goal ,his corners ,his application all very good .

Williamson 7 fine goal really like this,player,energy,good team ethic ,a,threat,all game.

Pope 8 what a goal ,what application .

All in all a win when 1down and seemingly,out,,great,character,well done lads.

What about,imo,motm Dickinson.

What did people think of the crowd yesterday? Acceptable in view of the poor away following? Acceptable in view of the poor way we've played lately? Acceptable in view of the fact we have another home game Tuesday? We broke 5,000 which I feel was OK in all the circumstances and still shows we have a hard core of acceptable fans even when we've been watching dross.

One thing I did notice alarmingly was that the Railway paddock "boys" had dwindled down to a mere handful and were far outnumbered by Stewards and police! Could it be that some of them realised they had been spotted on video/police cameras at Wolves and were absent due to not wanting to be recognised? I am not being wise or detrimental to those decent lads who congregate in that area and spur Vale on , just an observation from me.

Thought there would be less than that to be honest! Under the circumstances not a bad crowd!

Ratings !

Neal 8 important save at 0_1 if,that had gone in would have been curtains.

Grimmer 5 too many crosses coming in from his side last few games ,did ok

Robertson 5 in the air very good still gives players,too much space to,work in.did ok

Duffy 8 our best player,reads the game

Birchall 6 chased ,harried worked his socks off also played intelligent through down the line balls for williamson.

Griff 5

Loft 5

Jmw 7 his cross for Popes goal ,his corners ,his application all very good .

Williamson 7 fine goal really like this,player,energy,good team ethic ,a,threat,all game.

Pope 8 what a goal ,what application .

All in all a win when 1down and seemingly,out,,great,character,well done lads.

I stopped reading when you only gave Griff 5 - he & Neal were the main reasons why we weren't 2 down blocking a couple of shots early in the 2nd half. Other than JMW in spells he was our best midfielder yesterday.

They passed it around him too easily for my liking ,they dominated midfield generally .

That was hardly Griff's fault we were playing 4-4-2 v 4-5-1 & with two wide midfielders they were always going to have most of the possession in centre midfield. My point was that he stuck to his task manfully in difficult circumstances. Griff is not always effective but he was in that game. 7-8/10 for me.

You'll find that the number of 'Paddock Boys' tends to compare with the number of away supporters?:unsure::rolleyes:

Archived