onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale 2 carlisle 1 - Post Match Discussion

andy jones

Advert

You forgot to finish the sentence - 'in L2'. Football is all about levels as Popey has found this season. I hope Chesterfield do come up for Sam as it's another local-ish game.
You say that about Tom and yet he isn't that far behind the league 1 top scorer and this has been on strict rations. With the service Popey would have been the division's top marksman once again.

Don't know if anyone has posted this but did anyone notice Chris Lines at half-time?

The other subs(except Jones who only came out for a minute or 2) were passing the ball or doing keep-ups.

Lines stood on his won rebounding passes from the advertising hoardings all on his own.

No one went near him and he did not go near anybody.

Gave me the impression he feels on his own, very odd and I've never seen anything like that before.....

I didn't see that but he looked fine before the game, knocking a ball between him, Dodds, Knott & Hugill.

Anyone know why Popey reacted as he did when he scored he looked as if he was looking around for someone rather than celebrating?

MA said after the game that Popey had not picked his man up for there first goal probably doing it as he wasnt picked up for his goal and did the looking about bit.

something else interesting..which ill probably get **** for...and again its only what im hearing from the players lounge yesterday...mickey will be gone at the end of the season and page is a shoe in...again im sorry if it offends some sensitive souls on here but thats what i heard

I don't see many people giving you ****, I for instance was simply asking logical questions about your theory.

If you don't mind me saying you've chosen a rather self-harming username which doesn't offer too much credit to what you say.

You could be right, you could be wrong. In the summer we will see and who knows if you are wrong you might hold your hands up and admit it, then again?

You say that about Tom and yet he isn't that far behind the league 1 top scorer and this has been on strict rations. With the service Popey would have been the division's top marksman once again.

He's know where near the top scorers. I don't know how you can say that he's be top scorer with more service, he may miss the chances as he has done regularly this season. With better service he would probably be on 14/15 in the league by now. But he has had chances and missed a lot.

He's know where near the top scorers. I don't know how you can say that he's be top scorer with more service, he may miss the chances as he has done regularly this season. With better service he would probably be on 14/15 in the league by now. But he has had chances and missed a lot.

All strikers miss.

Pope has missed more than he would have liked but the difference between this year and last year is obviously service.

You can usually count on one hand the amount of crosses we put in towards him - not good enough. On saturday we actually played a lot more wide than we have lately, put balls in the box and he could have had a hattrick really, but for a mistouch and an incredible save from their keeper.

We would be in a sorry state without him:doh:

I agree we would be, just a bit extreme to say that he's not far off the top scorers and would be top scorer with more service.
I have read somewhere that the L1 top scorer is currently on 17 goals. Tom has 14 in all games so far so he isn't a million miles short this season if the figure is correct.

I have read somewhere that the L1 top scorer is currently on 17 goals. Tom has 14 in all games so far so he isn't a million miles short this season if the figure is correct.

BBC Sport list Top L1 goalscorer as 17 goals, with our Tom on 10 league goals ,Mike

That's correct,Assombalonga has 17 league goals,25 in total followed by Garner on 15 league goals,20 in total.

Archived