onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale 2 carlisle 1 - Post Match Discussion

andy jones

Advert

We started reasonably well and JMW looked up for it, doing well going forward and tracking back. Then Micky swopped him to the right and he and the team got worse as the first half went on. Second half and Micky has JMW playing in what I believe is his best position for us, on the left wing. Willo then scored a great goal (after possibly having his worst 45 minutes in the first half) and we were never really troubled. Great header from Pope from a JMW cross and it was just a shame that JMW didn't score to go with his man of the match performance.

So glad JMW was playing on the left. In L2 he was effective in cutting inside and having a crack from the right but this season we need his crossing more. Not a great win, but a win and what a boost of confidence for the lads. Hopefully an upturn in fortunes now!

time to bring a bit of realism to this thread.

today first half was as poor as ive EVER seen vale play, gutless, clueless route one no ideas no class playing against a team which looked bottom 4 at best with no threat up front. weve beat them got the 3 points and are ever closer to safety. one to get the job done with and get out which we have done.

nothing flashy just 3 points end of conversation

Jean you are right I have a sick note. Also I enjoy annoying all those posters who even when Vale win still say it was only because we played a poor team even though recent results of that poor team say differently.

As I said on another thread the top six in our division plus Swindon are better than us. We are capable of finishing above the rest yet so many posters on here just won't give credit for that.

Those posters are in general very quick to dish out the negatives to Adams and the players. We repeatedly see posts criticising individual players but as soon as someone throws it back at them they don't like it. So why don't they just for once in their lives cut the negativity and have a half full glass.

It's so easy to think negative rather than positively but it actually makes life rather more enjoyable to be positive.

Jean you are right I have a sick note. Also I enjoy annoying all those posters who even when Vale win still say it was only because we played a poor team even though recent results of that poor team say differently.

As I said on another thread the top six in our division plus Swindon are better than us. We are capable of finishing above the rest yet so many posters on here just won't give credit for that.

Those posters are in general very quick to dish out the negatives to Adams and the players. We repeatedly see posts criticising individual players but as soon as someone throws it back at them they don't like it. So why don't they just for once in their lives cut the negativity and have a half full glass.

It's so easy to think negative rather than positively but it actually makes life rather more enjoyable to be positive.

So it might have been better to start the thread being positive about our three points rather than negative about our fans? Just a thought! :D

The win was brilliant BUT the first half performance was shocking with no creativity at all but then if you had been there you would know what I was on about, it isn't about blind positivity it's about realism and I can't get too excited about the second half against a very poor half strength Carlisle.

Blackdog I actually agree with you. We are not work-related. We will not get promotion. But after 30 odd games we are not 10th in the league because we are lucky. We are where we deserve to be.

Some on here seem to have forgotten how much poorer league 2 is.

Another thought Jean ... why is it ok for negaphiliacs to direct abuse at individual posters but a post aimed at negaphiliacs in general isn't?

I don't know why you're asking me that, Dave, because I don't think either is acceptable.

Archived