onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale 2 carlisle 1 - Post Match Discussion

andy jones

Advert

Before today we got something like7 points from a possible 35, yet we were still in 11th place.

Just goes to show what a cracking first half to the season we had.

Another 4 points for safety should be easily do-able.

I'm happy.

For the Tom Pope doubters, we would be alongside teams like Carlisle or lower if it wasn't for him.

The Tom Pope doubters were out even before the season started with those arrogant twerps from the BBC (think it was Radio Leicester) saying that he would never score goals at this level. Well, he's now on 14 and the season still ain't over. Arise Sir Tom!

Al, and you know me well enough to know my carrots are only dangled to catch donkeys that bite them.

I am a very happy Vale fan tonight because despite the off the field shenanigans we are underMining Adams still achieving a much higher league placing than we could have dreamed of at the start of the season. If we win our game in hand I think we are 8th. Happy days on the ale today for me.

Poor 1st half, much better 2nd. In my opinion, largely down to Williamson being virtually anonymous before the break then like a man possessed after they had that attempt cleared off the line which I suspect would have made it game over had it gone in. JMW also had a better half an hour and was unlucky with the header against the poor, as was Pope towards the end as their rather jittery looking keeper didn't know anything about it. Birchall also put some decent crosses in.

Lets not kid ourselves that we were anything special. We beat a very poor side and it's frustrating that against such opposition yet again we concede a header from a set-piece from a needless free-kick conceded just outside the box. I'm not expecting anything from Tuesday.

I,m with you Dave let's see all the moaning negative posts tonight....lets get behind the players, manager and OWNER!! and stop being negative all the time get up to vale park Tuesday and show one of the promotion chasing teams a good game

Always going to be a season of consolidation and we are well on course to achieving that

UTV

really please for the points. When players can't be up for a derby game you can not help but worry, and with conceding three plus goals regularly it makes you very concerned. I did think at the start of the season if we could stay up it is job well done, but flirting with the play offs pre Christmas I think gave us false hope.

Worrying first half. Worrying first gen mins of second.

Neal made some great saves again though his kicking, especially from goal kicks is poor, distance wise & puts us under pressure.

Thought Robbo had his best game since start of season. Duffy, Dicko & Grimmer did ok.

Loft looked sharper. Griff was excellent apart from the needless push which gave away the free kick for their goal.

Jmw was my man of match. Put some great balls in. Birchall played well too. Thought we looked a much more balanced side without Lines. Aside from his set piece delivery, he just doesn't do it for me. Slows play down, doesn't score goals & doesn't assist many.

Poor first half from Williamson. Much better second half when he started running the channels. Pope battled well & had the better of their centre half. Bullet header for goal.

The only disappointing thing is the inciting arrogance of the opening post.

A much needed 3 points in a fairly mediocre performance. Luckily we can afford that against the weaker sides.

Two good goals. It would be nice to think we can up our game on Tuesday and beat a strong side.

A strong side that is the benchmark of how to get a very small limited budget small squad to acheive major things every week in div one as opposed to occasionaly when they feel like it

Pleased to read your post Mr Hamil Road carpets cos you get shot down as much as me when you pop your head above the positive fans trench. It's like the battle of Britain at ground level sometimes, isn't it.

Perhaps we should give the negaphiliacs pointy helmets when they come past your shop on way to match.

I'm happy and relieved to get the 3 points but the overall performance left a lot to be desired. We were poor 1st half and lacked any creativity whatsoever in central midfield; why Billy Knott didn't start after his performance at Wolves was beyond me.

Thank goodness we scored when we did as Adams was about to make another 3-subs-at-once change, something I rarely think is a good idea. I'm beginning to wonder what's going through Micky's skull sometimes with his wholesale changes to the team every game and mass substitutions, I wonder if he's being more petulant and moody than usual over his contract situation?

Whatever, let's hope this is the turning of the corner and we stop losing so many games, it was good to see the confidence flood back into the team once we equalised.

PS- great bit of skill from Shuks near the end when he beat two or three men on the edge of their box!

Archived