onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window

werstayinup

Advert

With the proviso that he does not play against us.

...which is automatic if we loan him back to County, though we could do with them picking up all of his wages. If we release him/let him go permanently, then we are reliant on a gentleman's agreement if we don't want him to figure against us in April.

I don't think gentlemens' agreements are enforceable any more. Once you sell a player, you can't have any say over who they can and can't play against.

A few years ago it all kicked off after Man Utd sold Tim Howard to Everton and stopped him from playing against them later in the season.

I'd rather we threw some contact extensions out (Lines & Robbo) than brought in new faces. Let Kaid go and replace him the only one I think. A few loans until the end of the season (especially if the parent club picks up a chunk of the tab) would be useful as it's something we're under using.

If I knew that was going to happen with any money we have available then I would go for that,get Loft,Neal,Lines and certainly Dickinson tied down,my fear is that they will all wait until we know what will happen with Adams first.

Adams: new contract

Key players whose contracts are up at the end of the season signed up: Lines, etc.

A couple of fringe/development squad players out on loan.

Mohammed released.

Sign an experienced centre half on a six month contract

Keep Hughes until the end of the season.

All done at no extra cost.

Don't think we will get anyone new unless we release some players first. I'd be happy for Hughes and Mohammed to be released and try and get a central defender in or quality central midfielder but keeping our best players is priority alongside sorting Adams new contract out.

I'd love to be able and strengthen with another centre half and a quality midfielder to play with lines and loft. I think we're ok up front and have options with pope, Tomlin, huggill and Williamson and Hughes.

We are within touching distance of the play offs after half way and if we added two more quality additions I think we have a genuine chance of the play offs.

We signed jones purse birch all and Hughes last season and it got us automatic.

It's exciting times for us vale fans but if we do not sign anyone we will fall short of play offs. Not saying that's bad but I think we should try and get a couple out then a couple in and go for it.

Adams: new contract

Key players whose contracts are up at the end of the season signed up: Lines, etc.

A couple of fringe/development squad players out on loan.

Mohammed released.

Sign an experienced centre half on a six month contract

Keep Hughes until the end of the season.

All done at no extra cost.

This.

I really can't understand why many are happy to see Hughes gone to free up wages. I find his lack of appearances a little frustrating to be honest but I'd not like to see him released. He's the kind of wise old head that we need and the kind of pro that we have badly missed over these last few years. I'd rather keep him and consolodate with signing up players with short term futures with us and take on a couple of loanees. His experience and leadership could be vital later in the season if we have an inevitable sticky patch and start dropping down the leage a little.

Him and the likes of Lines and Dicko must do wonders for the dressingroom. Adams keeps on telling us how good and close knit the dressing room is. Don't underestimate the importance of that.

Archived