onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

All Britannia branches to become Co-ops

Heatwave

Yes you can, regardless of whether they change name though, it was orchestrated so that the members didnt benefit from the takeover, i.e it wasnt done in the members interests. Take standard life when they were taken over by aviva, i was awarded shares in standard life as an incentive to allow it to happen.

Of course it was. What else were you expecting Mark?

In my opinion (as recent ex-employee) The Co-op will not renew the sponsorship deal when it comes up. It's far too expensive for them to be forking out on now they are in the Premier League, hence why the shirt sponsorship was not competed for either. The Co-op has little regard for the history of the company they have plundered, pillaged and left out to dry. Easily convenient to make Britannia scapegoats for their recent liquidity issues as well, but I'm sure that will come out in the wash. They've shown little regard for the local area, moving most people apart from call centre staff to their Manchester or London offices, losing years upon years of expertise through redundancy which has cost a fortune to the company. When I left, the newer office was a ghost town. when at one stage almost 1,000 worked there, it must be down to under 200 now. There will be a time when that office is shut and everyone piles into the archaic-looking Newton House office instead.

I wasn't forced out, I left of my own accord because Co-op as a company (despite all the positive stories you hear about working there) was a nightmare compared to working for Britannia. Now my ex-colleagues are being told they have to move to Manchester or they can take redundancy. The redundancy package is pretty good, but if you live in Leek then there aren't that many options for work unless you travel a fair distance. A lot of my friends were treated very poorly, as are my current ex-team who despite being told they are being made redundant have been on the hook for nearly 5 months, with potentially another 5 months before they are allowed to leave as the company didn't want to lose their expertise during a critical point of the year. There are more stories like this across the Leek site. Eventually it'll just be a call centre and processing centre, a shame given the history of the building society in the town.

I won't bank with them anymore. I avoid using any of their group services unless i'm absolutely shafted for options in terms of food. It's just my opinion but they are a horrible company and I want as little to do with them as possible.

Advert

Of course it was. What else were you expecting Mark?

In my opinion (as recent ex-employee) The Co-op will not renew the sponsorship deal when it comes up. It's far too expensive for them to be forking out on now they are in the Premier League, hence why the shirt sponsorship was not competed for either. The Co-op has little regard for the history of the company they have plundered, pillaged and left out to dry. Easily convenient to make Britannia scapegoats for their recent liquidity issues as well, but I'm sure that will come out in the wash. They've shown little regard for the local area, moving most people apart from call centre staff to their Manchester or London offices, losing years upon years of expertise through redundancy which has cost a fortune to the company. When I left, the newer office was a ghost town. when at one stage almost 1,000 worked there, it must be down to under 200 now. There will be a time when that office is shut and everyone piles into the archaic-looking Newton House office instead.

I wasn't forced out, I left of my own accord because Co-op as a company (despite all the positive stories you hear about working there) was a nightmare compared to working for Britannia. Now my ex-colleagues are being told they have to move to Manchester or they can take redundancy. The redundancy package is pretty good, but if you live in Leek then there aren't that many options for work unless you travel a fair distance. A lot of my friends were treated very poorly, as are my current ex-team who despite being told they are being made redundant have been on the hook for nearly 5 months, with potentially another 5 months before they are allowed to leave as the company didn't want to lose their expertise during a critical point of the year. There are more stories like this across the Leek site. Eventually it'll just be a call centre and processing centre, a shame given the history of the building society in the town.

I won't bank with them anymore. I avoid using any of their group services unless i'm absolutely shafted for options in terms of food. It's just my opinion but they are a horrible company and I want as little to do with them as possible.

As a current employee of the Co-op, not the bank but another part of the group, I could not agree more with your views.

They are the most backward, slow moving, stuck in the past organisations I have ever had the misfortune to come across. I thought the MoD civil service were bad, this lot make them look like Dyson or Apple.

I spent an hour last week explain to a member of staff at a branch over the phone how to scan a document and attach it to an email.

Needless to say, after a year I am in my last two weeks with them having handed in my notice three months ago.

Yes you can, regardless of whether they change name though, it was orchestrated so that the members didnt benefit from the takeover, i.e it wasnt done in the members interests. Take standard life when they were taken over by aviva, i was awarded shares in standard life as an incentive to allow it to happen.

What adverse direct effects will it have on you?

I suppose its to be expected as companies will always look to ways to keep costs low and streamline services particularly given the global economic climate.

Some years ago the Brittania sold accounts to the co-op without consulting the account holders

Whatever the politics it went to a vote and had the highest turn out of any Mutual vote in modern history. Right or wrong it only happened because Britannia members voted for it

I suppose its to be expected as companies will always look to ways to keep costs low and streamline services particularly given the global economic climate.

None, but as a member i expected to be given a say in the business and not get shafted by those at the top.

also, i now bank with the co-op, when i chose britannia because of the vale link. Had i wanted to bank with co-op i would have gone there.

None, but as a member i expected to be given a say in the business and not get shafted by those at the top.

You got a say, you got a vote. The coop is also a mutual

Very clever by the hedge funds..at first glance looks like they get ownership then vast sums raised by selling off parts of the business to raise capital, pay off debts, the group goes into profit they can sell on getting their money back and some

Whomever has been running the Coop has done a terrible job it seems

Archived