onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

All Britannia branches to become Co-ops

Heatwave

Advert

What price the 'Community Stadium' doing the same, despite previous official denials?

No business would pay to retain a company name it has decided to abandon. Either Stoke's ground gets a new name or they don't get the Co-op's money surely.

I would imagine they will rebrand in the fullness of time.

Either way people will still recognise the brand.

I'm a little lost on that' date=' why would they be due compensation, what are they losing out on?[/quote']

As a member of the britannia i havent been consulted about the conversion to the co-op, it was a merger not a takeover they stated, yet now i dont have a high street branch of a business i am a member of.

As a member of the britannia i havent been consulted about the conversion to the co-op, it was a merger not a takeover they stated, yet now i dont have a high street branch of a business i am a member of.

But it is a merger in essence then and when companies merge as I have found from first hand experience they normally only utilise one name though on occasion they would take a new one in some cases.

As its a merger can't you utilise the Co-Op branches, thats strange if not?

The way the Co-op are going I would not be shocked if there was no Co-op bank if the future anyway.

As for the rename of the stadium, money would be on a said previously 365, something or other.

Or they could dedicate it to a football ledged the area is associated with “The John Rudge, cheers for the pension top up, that will do nicely, my heart will always be with the Vale” whilst long, it certainly has ring to it.

But it is a merger in essence then and when companies merge as I have found from first hand experience they normally only utilise one name though on occasion they would take a new one in some cases.

As its a merger can't you utilise the Co-Op branches, thats strange if not?

Yes you can, regardless of whether they change name though, it was orchestrated so that the members didnt benefit from the takeover, i.e it wasnt done in the members interests. Take standard life when they were taken over by aviva, i was awarded shares in standard life as an incentive to allow it to happen.

Companies use all sorts of words to describe the "coming together of companies, the words don't mean anything.

To all Britannia employees and investors, just thank your lucky stars that it isn't Bank Santander who are "merging" with The Britannia as the Spanish Bank well and truly shafted all and sundry at the Alliance and Leicester when/after acquiring them.

Archived