onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

All Britannia branches to become Co-ops

Heatwave

Advert

Very true. At the end of the day, it's going to be the same as any other high street bank. I presume they'll stop at some point with all the 'compelling co-operative alternative to high street bank' marketing plans and shuffle in the background.

Aaah but it's not just a marketing stuff..it's written into the "constitution" of the bank (although that clearly does not stop individuals at the top from not sticking to it). I think there might be considerable legal issues to overcome but then again if the majority of shareholders want a change, it will probably happen

To lighten the mood somewhat as religion and one religious man in particular take another bashing:

One day, Jesus was walking by the Pearly Gates, when St. Peter asked him to watch the gates for a few minutes. Jesus agreed and in a few minutes he saw an old, old man approach. He walked very slowly, had a halting gait, and long white hair and beard.

“How did you spend your life on earth my son?” asked Jesus.

“I was a simple carpenter for sixty years” replied the old man.

“And what do you hope to find here in heaven” asked Jesus.

“I hope to find my son” said the man

“Well there are millions upon millions of people here, how will you find him?”

“I’ll recognize him by the nail holes in his hands and feet,” states the old man.

Jesus does a double take, thinks for a moment and says, “Father???”

The old man looks at Jesus and says, “Pinocchio?”

The bigger issue here is how he even got the job. I'm sure there are plenty of people in types of jobs who take drugs and pay for hookers of all genders. He made bad decisions, but there are plenty of people who would be incompetent in a role they weren't qualified for.

The bigger issue here is how he even got the job. I'm sure there are plenty of people in types of jobs who take drugs and pay for hookers of all genders. He made bad decisions, but there are plenty of people who would be incompetent in a role they weren't qualified for.

Labour party supported by the Co Op, 50k gift to Ed balls department, soft loans to the Labour party,Flowers advising Milliband Flowers dismissed from his position at Bradford council and still getting the job as chairman of the bank despite only passing part one of his bank exams you are quite right just why and how did he get the job?

Good job The Mail is on the job,no surprise Milliband wants press regulation.

Labour party supported by the Co Op, 50k gift to Ed balls department, soft loans to the Labour party,Flowers advising Milliband Flowers dismissed from his position at Bradford council and still getting the job as chairman of the bank despite only passing part one of his bank exams you are quite right just why and how did he get the job?

Good job The Mail is on the job,no surprise Milliband wants press regulation.

Shame the mail don't dig up their own family backgrounds to do a hatchet job as well. Did the Labour Party employ him as chairman of the coop? Or shall I list the dirt on various past Tory mp's/councillors?

Shame the mail don't dig up their own family backgrounds to do a hatchet job as well. Did the Labour Party employ him as chairman of the coop? Or shall I list the dirt on various past Tory mp's/councillors?

Seems Labour knew more than they are letting on........ if Tory MP's/councillors are exposed for wrong doings then good lets no have cover ups well done The Mail

Seems Labour knew more than they are letting on........ if Tory MP's/councillors are exposed for wrong doings then good lets no have cover ups well done The Mail

I agree to no cover ups. Though the choice of who to 'uncover' sometimes is a different thing altogether. Doesn't really answer my question though, and seems rather irrelevant. As for the mail, it can suck my balls.

The Mail "dishes up" dirt on everyone..Labour, Tory, whatever...recently the Tory who claimedlecy expenses for his stables, Tory internships, the Tory Twitter police and so on

Well done the Daily Mail for exposing Flowers and for exposing in the process the danger of gagging the press

I agree to no cover ups. Though the choice of who to 'uncover' sometimes is a different thing altogether.

Editorial choice and long may that continue..the freedom of the press to choose what they report...that's the bigger issue here

If there is one paper that doesn't ever seem to expose Labour wrong doing it's the Mirror..the most biased newspaper that I have ever read

Archived