onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England v Poland

For Us All

And your logic is......

As I've already explained in the whole post, we should be way ahead in this group having beaten the lesser teams so this match should be irrelevant..I can perfectly understand the FA reps thinking that the last match won't matter cos we'll have already qualified, as i think we should have

Here's the whole post

"We should have been well clear at the top of the group before this match so having a difficult match at the end makes sense"

Advert

its not going to feel like a home game for England

I think the England fans can outsing the Polish fans

England should win but this is the last scenario that should have been negotiated, I would rather us have to beat San Marino in the last match........a la Ukraine.

True but we should have qualified long before the last match; it should be an irrelevance

18,000 Polish fans means 72,000 English fans - 4 times more - so why is that an issue?

The England fans just have to get off their iPhones and sing their lungs off - then it won't feel like Warsaw.

I have no problem with Poland having 18,000 at the game - we still outnumber them massively - if we give it some.

Problem is, the modern English fan is too busy looking at the big screen so he can wave at himself.

Start singing, get behind the team, drown the Polish fans out - simples.

Best I've seen England play in a while.

Jagielka and Cahill look much better, Smalling didn't do too badly and Baines delivered some great balls. Midfield did well in possession (apart from Lampard) and Rooney was ridiculously good. Townsend has bags of confidence and an end product, something the likes of Walcott, Lennon etc. in recent years haven't had. Sturridge is strong and was unlucky a couple of times.

Only negative was Welbeck (yet again!!). What an awful excuse for a footballer!! How on earth does he keep getting picked?

2-0 to England

I'll even name the scorers..Sturridge and Lampard..I'll even say that the first goal will be scored after 16 minutes and the second after 28...Poland will hit the post in the second half (about the 68th minute) and have a player sent off in the last 15 minutes for two yellows. The pies at Wembley will be very nice but horrendously expensive. The squad and staff will go on a lap of honour afterwards. Roy Hodgson will have a silly grin on his face at the end but get slightly indignant about comments from Roy Keane that England will do well to get to the last eight. Adrian Chiles will make a berk of himself

Not bad at all Johnny,just need to brush up on your goalscorers.:D

As I've already explained in the whole post, we should be way ahead in this group having beaten the lesser teams so this match should be irrelevant..I can perfectly understand the FA reps thinking that the last match won't matter cos we'll have already qualified, as i think we should have

Should never underestimate the likes of Poland and the Ukraine, always difficult places to go and win, add to that Montenegro who are in the midst of a golden era for players and the table ends up looking like it does (or did). If football matches went as predicted there would never be football pools!!

Here's the whole post

"We should have been well clear at the top of the group before this match so having a difficult match at the end makes sense"

It doesn't make sense at all......see above!

18,000 Polish fans means 72,000 English fans - 4 times more - so why is that an issue?

The England fans just have to get off their iPhones and sing their lungs off - then it won't feel like Warsaw.

I have no problem with Poland having 18,000 at the game - we still outnumber them massively - if we give it some.

Problem is, the modern English fan is too busy looking at the big screen so he can wave at himself.

Start singing, get behind the team, drown the Polish fans out - simples.

You've answered your own question.

Archived