onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Well surely if Griff did break up play, naturally our defence would be stronger. Is that what he was not there for protect the back four?

i really think you are clutching at straws...

The fact is our defence wasnt great.. Purse, McDonald and McCombe have all left.. The fact is that these 3 were at some point at the heart of our defence for a prelonged period of games. If MA thought they were good enough then they would have stayed. MA DOES think Griff has something to offer and this is why he has been given a contract.

If we go by what you are saying then Girff is there to make up for the fact that the defence wasnt good enough so in your eyes will never be good enough..

Advert

The fact is our defence wasnt great.. Purse, McDonald and McCombe have all left.. The fact is that these 3 were at some point at the heart of our defence for a prelonged period of games. If MA thought they were good enough then they would have stayed. MA DOES think Griff has something to offer and this is why he has been given a contract.

If we go by what you are saying then Girff is there to make up for the fact that the defence wasnt good enough so in your eyes will never be good enough..

Your the one clutching at straws, Griff was bought in to protect the back four, that is the job of a defensive midfielder. I am not blaming it on Griff, and if you bothered to read my previous posts this point was made at the people saying Griff dragged us over the line. What dragged us over the line was we started to score goals at the right time. The fact of the matter is our defense got a lot worse with Griff in the team, make of that what you will. If Mickey had not frozen out Morsy and Burge, we would of clinched 2nd spot maybe even challenged Gills to top spot!

On the plus side lines did lots of tracking back last night

Your the one clutching at straws, Griff was bought in to protect the back four, that is the job of a defensive midfielder. I am not blaming it on Griff, and if you bothered to read my previous posts this point was made at the people saying Griff dragged us over the line. What dragged us over the line was we started to score goals at the right time. The fact of the matter is our defense got a lot worse with Griff in the team, make of that what you will. If Mickey had not frozen out Morsy and Burge, we would of clinched 2nd spot maybe even challenged Gills to top spot!

ok well if I’m not reading your posts its because they are nonsense... Morsy had bad discipline on the field and clearly had a bad attitude. If you think Burge deserved to be at the club after disrespecting his employers then again you are as about as clever as your posts. Where are Burge and Morsy now? Burge is training with Burnley's reserves.. probably for free and i seriously doubt he would actually be joining them unless they were having serious budget cuts and Morsy has ended up back in L2..

If you actually had any grasp on football then you would have seen that when we went through our bad patch, we were getting well overrun in midfield. Griff came in and this some what helped. Your point of scoring goals at the right time is again wrong as you have to keep them out at the other end. Something our DEFENDERS were not great at.

ok well if I’m not reading your posts its because they are nonsense... Morsy had bad discipline on the field and clearly had a bad attitude. If you think Burge deserved to be at the club after disrespecting his employers then again you are as about as clever as your posts. Where are Burge and Morsy now? Burge is training with Burnley's reserves.. probably for free and i seriously doubt he would actually be joining them unless they were having serious budget cuts and Morsy has ended up back in L2..

If you actually had any grasp on football then you would have seen that when we went through our bad patch, we were getting well overrun in midfield. Griff came in and this some what helped. Your point of scoring goals at the right time is again wrong as you have to keep them out at the other end. Something our DEFENDERS were not great at.

That is absolute "nonsense". Morsy disciplinary record was bad, but so is Griffs! Where would Griff be if it weren't for us League 1 reserves or loaned out to a league 2 team! Griff did not all together stop us getting over ran in midfield! Bristol Rovers away, Exeter City at home! It still happened with him in the team, you are ignoring the facts. Our defense might not of been the best, the 10 matches before Griffs arrival we conceded 7 and scored 16, the 10 matches Griff played for us we conceded 14 and scored 20. That shows our attack got better but our defence got worse, so what dragged us other the line was the goals. Its there in black and white but your ignoring it. The defence did not change during that period of time, what did change was Griffs arrival. Again not saying its all Griffs fault but the facts show we started to score more goals, if it was not for this we would of been playoffs!

I am really pleased to see Griff back. He is a player that can be effective as a ball winner and barrier in midfield when we need one. He has gained some experience at League 1 level and will know how he needs to improve and dedicate himself to the task. He has come for a year to compete for a place. He has shown good loyalty to the club in the past and only left like I would myself at his age to further his career. Good luck to him and I hope his return is a success.

Suggest those going on about our poor defence last year take a look at the league table.

Despite playing an all out attacking style with 2 out and out wingers and ending up the country's top goalscorers ...

We still had the 4th best defensive record in the division.

So, give it a rest hey.

And those posters saying so and so shouldn't have been allowed to leave then name one who will be kicking off next season in a higher division than Vale?

Archived