onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Advert

Reasonable signing. That's another piece in the puzzle. People need to stop worrying about the pros and cons of individual players and look at the bigger picture. He is an asset to the squad and can fit into a successful starting 11 depending on how we need to tackle the opposition. I'd rather have Griff in our squad than have to come up against him.

Now sign some decent defenders!

Totally agree griff is a brilliant signing a piece in a jig saw we have a great mix of creativity and strength a good quick cb and we will be in the top half of the table. Good work mickey.

My two predictions for Griff is that he will get more yellow and red cards than Morsy this coming season and that Griff will not be in the starting eleven come January.

I've had the same thought that I reckon in January we'll be looking to bring in another defensive midfielder.

...how many clubs actually want him other than us?

He has a lot to prove this year. For me his strengths don't outweigh the massive weaknesses he has whenever in possession of a football. Squad player i can understand. A regular starter he should not be though.

Personally I think this is a little bit of a lazy signing. If Griff has been signed to come on for the last 15-20 mins to sure things up, all well and good. If he's been signed to start matches regularly, I'd be worried. We still need another league one quality midfielder to play alongside Lines in my opinion and a centre back.

Griff is an average signing at best. Griff gets stuck in but he isnt mobile enough to get about the pitch enough to compensate for wide men that dont track back. All the above was in L2 against L2 midfielders, L1 midfielders will be more mobile, quicker thinkers, shift the ball more effectively and more quickly.... I think we'll be found wanting if Griff is gonna be the first choice alongside Lines

However you look at it Griff is a ' negative ' player.Defeats may become draws with him in the side.Wins may also become draws with him in the side.Could be useful in League 1 away from home with a 5 man midfield or if we are getting overrun home or away playing 4-4-2( Griff starting on the bench).I would have preferred a more skilful player to be honest.

All of the above sums up my opinions on Griffith, with particular emphasis on the parts in bold. A very useful player to have in League 2, but we should be aiming to look forward and "push on" (to quote Tiny Penis!) now that we are a level higher. At least he's only signed a 1 year deal, so if he doesn't make the step up then there's room for change next Summer.

There is some muppet (Dean Tyson) on Facebook saying he wishes Griff breaks his leg, as he doesn't want him back.

What kind of a vale "fan" is this clown?!

And the irony is...probably lost on that muppet is, he reckons they are a bunch of losers on OVF. he should be ashamed of himself for comments like that .

Great to see Griff back.

I dont know why posters go on about his he a first eleven signing or just a squad player.

I think MA will say all his squad are potential first teamers and the 'first team' will vary from match to match depending on who we are playing and how well the game is going.

We have a good squad of players and Griff is one of them.

False. We conceded less in the last 10 than the first 10 games.

You are wrong, the first 10 league matches we conceded 12, the 10 matches with Griff in the side we conceded 14. The 10 matches before Griff arrived (the bad patch) we conceded 7. So the maths is there for you to see.

You are wrong, the first 10 league matches we conceded 12, the 10 matches with Griff in the side we conceded 14. The 10 matches before Griff arrived (the bad patch) we conceded 7. So the maths is there for you to see.

that must mean that we let more goals in because of Griff.. Who would have thought that we had 4 defenders and a goalkeeper behind him..

that must mean that we let more goals in because of Griff.. Who would have thought that we had 4 defenders and a goalkeeper behind him..

Please read next time previously stated it ain't all down to Griff. Just Griff came in to shore up our defence, and guess what? It did not happen it got worse! The facts are there buddy, but then again you don't like reading do you?

Please read next time previously stated it ain't all down to Griff. Just Griff came in to shore up our defence, and guess what? It did not happen it got worse! The facts are there buddy, but then again you don't like reading do you?

Wrong.. Griff was brought in to stop us getting overun in midfield.. did it stop? Yes it did..

Griff is there to break up play not to shore up the defence.. Protect it maybe but not to act as a defender.

If our defending got worse then this was down to the defence and Goalkeeper

Wrong.. Griff was brought in to stop us getting overun in midfield.. did it stop? Yes it did..

Griff is there to break up play not to shore up the defence.. Protect it maybe but not to act as a defender.

If our defending got worse then this was down to the defence and Goalkeeper

Well surely if Griff did break up play, naturally our defence would be stronger. Is that what he was not there for protect the back four?

Archived