onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Yes, the same Shuker that Morcombe released. I don't see your point, there are plenty of reasons why a player is released.

Yes, he's lightweight. That hasn't changed throughout his career. Football is about matching players to compliment each other. That's why I think his experience and quality on the ball could make him a good fit alongside Griff or back-up for Lines.

I don't get the POV on here. In one breath we should be signing players with experience in higher leagues, but we're keen to cast off what we have. I say that he is under-rated quality that Mickey will be looking to use more this season.

I think Shuker is our most underrated player.

Advert

Griff has been brought back to do one job and that is to add strength and protection to our midfield. As a defensive midfielder I don't see many more out there that are better than him. We no he's not going play 65 yard pings out to the wide men, but I suspect MA wouldn't want him too. I personally think that that Anthony Griffith was one of the main contributors to our crawl over the line last season as too many teams were playing right through the midfield. He knows he team, he knows the gaffer and I personally welcome him back. Welcome home griff.

Perfect summary. :yes:

There is some muppet (Dean Tyson) on Facebook saying he wishes Griff breaks his leg, as he doesn't want him back.

What kind of a vale "fan" is this clown?!

I think that's a bit far to be honest. I mean there's disliking a player, and I appreciate everyone's opinion, and then there is this. I wouldn't wish a broken leg on anyone, let alone a Vale player. Very poor my son, but I just hope he changes your opinion.

Here, here. Set up a lot of goals for us last season.

I think that shukers distribution into the box was first class last season. Burton, Chesterfield (away) and Rochdale (away) were but a few instances where he came on and provided pearlers for vital goals (in relation to the last 2) that ultimately took us up.

There is some muppet (Dean Tyson) on Facebook saying he wishes Griff breaks his leg, as he doesn't want him back.

I would never wish that on any Vale player. Some people just take things to far.

We may not have the best squad in the division but I think we have back up in most positions.

We also have options to change formation and I feel we need to do this in home games.

I am sure Micky will announce another CB and possibly Dicko but I am genuinely excited and looking forward to the start of the season.

Squad to date is:

Neal in goal(Johnson and Boot as back up)

Yates/Duffy/Loft can play RB

Jones/Loft/Yates/Taylor can play LB(Morris in reserve)

Robertson/Chilvers/Duffy/Davis can play CB(Price in reserve)

JMW/Tomlin/Mohammed/Taylor/Shuker/Dodds/Lloyd can play wide

Griff/Loft/Lines/Shuker/Birchall/Dodds can play in midfield

Pope/Hughes/Benji/Tomlin/Dodds can play up front

The academy lads may also come into contention.

I also think that the likes of Shuker, Taylor and 1 or 2 others may be loaned out as we can only name 18 each match day.

IMO we will have enough next season as I feel we have enough goals in the team but I would like us to perform better defensively starting with a better home record as I don't think we will win 11 away games in the coming season.

I'm pleased at the fact that according to Wednesday fans Lines plays well against an 'anchor man' (Semedo).

Griff is that. When we have the attacking options we've got, we need someone to shore up the midfield. That was one of our problems in the bad run last year. Burge and Loft pushed on too much, and as we effectively played a 4-2-4 as our wingers were so attacking, we were getting overrun.

Loft and Lines won't work imo, so I would go for Griff and Lines in the middle and Mo and JMW on the wings with any of Williamson, Hughes, Tomlin or Dodds partnering Pope.

Jesus, we have some options.

There are people on this forum who shout about this/that/the other player is crap, the club has no ambition, why don't we get a championship cb, we're underwhelmed about Griff.RIGHT, firstly you don't know what was in the signing on pot to begin with,secondly you don't know whats left in it, thirdly you don't know if players didn't want to come to vale park or if agents filled players heads with tripe thinking more of their cut than players welfare,and lastly if your that concerned about the quality of signings, contact the club get yer bluddy wallet out and sponsor a player for the season instead of trying to spend some other buggers money for a change, as a supporter you support the club lock stock and barrel and that includes the team and staff not just bits of it. UP THE VALE.

He isn't a vale fan, sounds like a crack-head with an alcohol problem, no one wishes that on his own team, well no sensible person does, just think you could be sat next to a cretin like that in the lorne st.No he can't be a true suppoorter, hope not anyway.

Archived