onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Advert

I would rather have griff than peter Farrell, ged stenson, Kenny todd ,or a hundred more midfielders that have turned out for the vale.The trouble is people don't notice the hard work he does how he stops many attacks by the opposition,and how many corners he clears from our box.now please get off his back get behind him and everyone in vale colours.

I just wish he was a foot taller.

Agree with that, but it does make me laugh that people on here are calling for ambition (signing proven league 1 and championship players) instead of Shuker (A proven League 1 player).

As part of a midfield five, he should play a bigger part than he did last year, especially now that Griff has signed.

Griff has been brought back to do one job and that is to add strength and protection to our midfield. As a defensive midfielder I don't see many more out there that are better than him. We no he's not going play 65 yard pings out to the wide men, but I suspect MA wouldn't want him too. I personally think that that Anthony Griffith was one of the main contributors to our crawl over the line last season as too many teams were playing right through the midfield. He knows he team, he knows the gaffer and I personally welcome him back. Welcome home griff.

Agree with that, but it does make me laugh that people on here are calling for ambition (signing proven league 1 and championship players) instead of Shuker (A proven League 1 player).

As part of a midfield five, he should play a bigger part than he did last year, especially now that Griff has signed.

Is that the same Shuker who Morecambe released? Dont get me wrong when shuker use to play for Tranmere a few years back he always stood out but he alot of pace back then. But the pace has gone and he his to lightweight for a centre mid. So if he is just back up then we could of used one of the development squad and used shukers wages elsewhere.

On the basis of the current squad, my first choice midfield pairing would be Lines and Birchall or Lines and Dodds. Dodds gave the best central midfield performance of the season at home to Cheltenham last year.

Personally i think Adams will go for Griff and Lines,i don't think Griff will of come back to sit on the bench.

So you are stating we have no ambition?

Our signings in this window have been very good and show ambition in my opinion.

Agreed,certainly better than we have been used to,i think people forget that we are under restrictions on how much you can actually spend.

People have said for years lets go for the better players out of teams,we do that with Tomlin(Sheff Wed fans said Lines was too good for us)(Preston fans didn't want Robertson to go) and people still moan

So this is how OVF goes now is it? I respect your opinion, im merely debating with you that i think you are wrong. Isnt that what this MB is all about?

My stats were to suggest that stats mean nothing. I wasnt trying to bull up Griffs return. And my point on Morsy is that you brought him into the debate and yes, especially on Twitter, you raved about him... And Burge.... And slagged the manager off... And wanted him sacked..... And you were wrong on all of them... And thats not opinion.... Thats fact.

Is that the same Shuker who Morecambe released? Dont get me wrong when shuker use to play for Tranmere a few years back he always stood out but he alot of pace back then. But the pace has gone and he his to lightweight for a centre mid. So if he is just back up then we could of used one of the development squad and used shukers wages elsewhere.

Yes, the same Shuker that Morcombe released. I don't see your point, there are plenty of reasons why a player is released.

Yes, he's lightweight. That hasn't changed throughout his career. Football is about matching players to compliment each other. That's why I think his experience and quality on the ball could make him a good fit alongside Griff or back-up for Lines.

I don't get the POV on here. In one breath we should be signing players with experience in higher leagues, but we're keen to cast off what we have. I say that he is under-rated quality that Mickey will be looking to use more this season.

Not Griff. So wouldnt you be happy with Aneke or Inman instead of griff?

I have to be honest and say yes I would like either of those two and would like to see us go for a younger Premiership loan player BUT at the end of the day it is up to Adams who he thinks will do the best for Vale.

Archived