onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Your stats dont really suggest anything though.

Morsy and Shuker were involved in the first 10 games. We scored 24.

Griff was involved in the last 10 games. We scored 20.

Griff in the side we lost 2 in the last 10.

Morsy and Shuker in the side we lost 3 in the first 10.

Griff in the side we conceded 11 in the last 10.

Morsy and Shuker we conceded 14 in the first 10.

I dont think anybody has been singlehandedly crying out for Griff, have they? I havent seen it anywhere. People have said though that he is a winner and will do a job. He will certainly get stuck in and do the ugly things.

And since you have brought up Sam Morsy, remind me where he is playing again? Oh yeah. League 2. Amazing that considering the hell up about him leaving and the constant reminders of just how good he is. That good that he will still be playing league 2 football next season. A bit like that other supposed world beater in Ryan Burge who hasnt even got a club to play for yet.

Our first 10 league matches this season did not include Griff we Won 6 L 2 D 2 last 10 matches with Griff W3 L2 D5

Fair enough point about Morsy and Burge, but if it was not for Vale signing Griff he would of ended up where?

Quick question, where did we play our best football? First 10 or last 10 matches?

Advert

So we scored more goals in those matches and did we score more points?

Where have I raved about Morsy? I'm simply making a comparison. My point is this, which I've already stated, if Griff is a first choice starter then I don't think it's a great signing. If he's signed to bring on in tight games, then I think thats fine. That's my opinion and I don't see why I shouldn't have an opinion on a player if it doesn't fit with what you think.

So this is how OVF goes now is it? I respect your opinion, im merely debating with you that i think you are wrong. Isnt that what this MB is all about?

My stats were to suggest that stats mean nothing. I wasnt trying to bull up Griffs return. And my point on Morsy is that you brought him into the debate and yes, especially on Twitter, you raved about him... And Burge.... And slagged the manager off... And wanted him sacked..... And you were wrong on all of them... And thats not opinion.... Thats fact.

so you think Griff coming in was the reason we werent the same team that beat Gillingham??

WhenGriff came in we started picking up points where at other times we might have folded.. I really think he adds that bit of steel to our team that our other CM dont offer.. I really think people are judging him on his ability to play long range passes and are ignoring the fact that this is not his job and not the reason MA wants him..

I for one cannot wait to see him smash some of the more skillful midfielders in L1 and im expecting him to get right stuck in.. If anyone is willing to take a yellow card or put his body on the line then its Griff.. The headers Griff wins in the middle of the park for not the tallest of blokes is also something that goes unnoticed

Oh and to the person who thinks Lines will get stuck in.... The one criticism that Sheff Wed fans had of Lines was that sometimes he did go missing and wasnt always up for the nitty gritty..

If we have two attacking fancy midfielders in our team next season then we will struggle as the defence as it stands isnt good enough..

I have not once said that I said we coped perfectly fine without him, well better than fine. For me the turning point was the 2-0 win at York, which we would of beat without Griff!

Our first 10 league matches this season did not include Griff we Won 6 L 2 D 2 last 10 matches with Griff W3 L2 D5

Fair enough point about Morsy and Burge, but if it was not for Vale signing Griff he would of ended up where?

Quick question, where did we play our best football? First 10 or last 10 matches?

someone else suggesting Griff made us worse as we perfromed better in the first half of the season.. I really didnt know that we were a one man team.. Thank god we did get Griff as Morsy kept getting sent off and Burge had a **** attitude..

And the question of where would Griff end up.. I think Northampton were after him.. Not a bad club who should do well next year

So this is how OVF goes now is it? I respect your opinion, im merely debating with you that i think you are wrong. Isnt that what this MB is all about?

My stats were to suggest that stats mean nothing. I wasnt trying to bull up Griffs return. And my point on Morsy is that you brought him into the debate and yes, especially on Twitter, you raved about him... And Burge.... And slagged the manager off... And wanted him sacked..... And you were wrong on all of them... And thats not opinion.... Thats fact.

Saw Griff earlier he looks 3 stone overweight to me.

We offered Morsy a 2 year deal, remember...?

someone else suggesting Griff made us worse as we perfromed better in the first half of the season.. I really didnt know that we were a one man team.. Thank god we did get Griff as Morsy kept getting sent off and Burge had a **** attitude..

And the question of where would Griff end up.. I think Northampton were after him.. Not a bad club who should do well next year

Morsy got sent off less times in more games than Griffith last year!

If Vale hadnt signed Griff he would still be at Orient. He was under contract. So, that will be league 1.

Our best football was certainly played at the start of the season but, again, thats not my point or i could say that Ashley Vincent is a wonderkid because our second half of the season without him was poor.

We hit the ground running. We played magic football. Teams could not stop us. The we started to get overrun in the middle. Our form suffered. We had been found out. Griff helped to shore up a midfield with no bite and did a decent job. We manged to go up. Was it down to Griff.. Yes partly, but no more so than the likes of Shuker and Morsy and everyone who played their part.

I know i go around everywhere just to get to the point at times and so i suppose that all in all my main point is why anyone can moan at what i see as a great addition to the squad, whether first team or not.

On Twitter cries of "Why oh why" and "One step forward two steps backwards" are uncalled for imo.

Morsy got sent off less times in more games than Griffith last year!

Again.... What do you think would happen in L1 with Morsy and Lines in the middle of the park? seriously?? Do you really think Lines and Morsy would do the job needed to track back and get stuck in.. if you do then your kidding yourself

Griff serves a purpose in some games, Griff at Crewe away a few years back was immnese. I was never his biggest fan, but appreciated the defensive qualities he gives.

I actually thought he looked a better player when he returned on loan. As a squad player or part of a 5 man midfield he will be a good addition.

That Crewe game,it was actually one of the best individual performances I have seen from a Vale player for a long time,i will give him that.

Archived