onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Advert

I think whenever he's played for us he's been limited in his distribution. BUT, with Lines alongside, he won't have to distribute more than 10 yards, so hopefully he can concentrate on what he's good at and leave the raking passes to someone more suited to them.

Good luck Griff, make a step up with the rest of the team.

Pleased about this. He looked a better player when he returned last year and played a big part in getting us promoted.

Sitting in front of the two centre halves, breaking up play and playing the simple ball to more creative midfielders.

His contribution away from home is always excellent, when his strengths are more relevant.

Welcome home Griff.

Christ. Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Griffith won't be signed by Adams because the manager thinks he is a good footballer. Griffith will be signed by the manager because of what he does offer the side, which is a bit of steel in the middle of the park and somebody who can win the ball from the opposition and give it to someone like Chris Lines, a player than can do things with a football. We don't have a player in the squad that does the above at present so his signing makes perfect sense.

He's also still young and can and will improve. It's an unspectacular signing, sure, but a solid one.

Griffith won't be signed by Adams because the manager thinks he is a good footballer. Griffith will be signed by the manager because of what he does offer the side, which is a bit of steel in the middle of the park and somebody who can win the ball from the opposition and give it to someone like Chris Lines, a player than can do things with a football. We don't have a player in the squad that does the above at present so his signing makes perfect sense.

He's also still young and can and will improve. It's an unspectacular signing, sure, but a solid one.

Understand what your saying, but if thats the case why didnt Orient keep him. Surely they could use that steel in midfield. For me if the Orient manager thinks he ain't good enough then why do we have to settle for him?

Understand what your saying, but if thats the case why didnt Orient keep him. Surely they could use that steel in midfield. For me if the Orient manager thinks he ain't good enough then why do we have to settle for him?

Who knows, other than their manager. Maybe they already had one or two players who do the same sort of job Griffith does. Maybe he was just unsettled there. I've never been Griffith's biggest fan, but as I've said, he offers another option/solution to our manager and if Micky is pleased to have him back then us supporters should support that.

Exactly, no more really needs to be said, can't wait to see him with 99% of the headers in midfield as usual. The only player we now have in midfield that will make sure the opposition midfield don't forget that they have played against him!

Who knows, other than their manager. Maybe they already had one or two players who do the same sort of job Griffith does. Maybe he was just unsettled there. I've never been Griffith's biggest fan, but as I've said, he offers another option/solution to our manager and if Micky is pleased to have him back then us supporters should support that.

For me this is a new era, we need new blood. Not stepping back! Again hope he proves me wrong, only look at Orient the finished 7th last season after dropping Griff and shipping him out on loan.

Exactly, no more really needs to be said, can't wait to see him with 99% of the headers in midfield as usual. The only player we now have in midfield that will make sure the opposition midfield don't forget that they have played against him!

Unfortunately its called football not headball...

Archived