onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

My two predictions for Griff is that he will get more yellow and red cards than Morsy this coming season and that Griff will not be in the starting eleven come January.

I agree with the yellow cards/red cards bit.

However, because Micky thinks he's fantastic no-one will harp on about disciplinary issues or aggression, as some people do with Morsy.

Griff's disciplinary record is just as bad as Morsy's.

Advert

Good addition the the squad. He'll be helping to serve up the humble pie for some on here, just like he did last season.

I hope your right, but he did not make me eat humble pie last season. He come in and played how I know he can play steady, its not as if he came back and was Patrick Viera.

Vale signing a former league 1 player who last year was a key member of a promotion team from League 2.....If Griff was not a former Vale player we would be singing from the roof tops about any equivelant signing.

He is what he is and IMO a fantastic player to have in your squad. He knows the players/managment style and team tactics etc. and we know will fit into all that..hes real battler who can break up a game when needed. People say lazy signing...I would say a risk free positive addition to the team.

We could easily sign a player who has achieved at a higher level and been brilliant at championship/league 1 on stupid money...this does not necessarily mean they would fit in with our system/tactics or dressing room or come and really care about giving everything (especially when we are in a difficult patch)...griff we know will always give 110% and i am for one happy if he returns....some people really need to get realistic about the calibre of player we are going to get/afford just enjoy the fact we have kept a good group of players and not shipped them out for a packet of crisps as we have done in the past...and are building sensibly for the future one step at a time people

#UTV #inmickywetrust

Not the best signing in the world but not as bad as some of you write. Give the lad a chance do you not think with the right coaching his passing could be improved and to be honest are we playing him as a playmaker ? NO.

Some of you drool about Dodds and yet in 50% of the matches he plays he goes missing. One thing is for certain with Grif you and the opposition will know he's on the pitch. Without him we wouldn't have got promoted I'm pretty certain of that.

What happened to the lets go gay for Griff ?

Griff was superb when he won POY and came back and literally hauled us over the line... our form changed not long after he signed and our midfield was barely over run again all season like it had prior when teams packed the midfield and generally beat us 2-0. Its ok having quality ball players like Lines but you need a steady ball winner who will do the dirty work, a totally unspectacular but steady player... thats what Griff is and its what we need to allow Lines to do his stuff without leaving our midfield exposed.

Good signing. Center half and we are about done I reckon.

Not the best signing in the world but not as bad as some of you write. Give the lad a chance do you not think with the right coaching his passing could be improved and to be honest are we playing him as a playmaker ? NO.

Some of you drool about Dodds and yet in 50% of the matches he plays he goes missing. One thing is for certain with Grif you and the opposition will know he's on the pitch. Without him we wouldn't have got promoted I'm pretty certain of that.

That was in League 2. His midfield partner was Tommy Fraser.

This is League 1. His midfield partner will be Chris Lines.

It's slightly different. Although I'm not unhappy at the signing.

That is a very big claim to make, we looked a lot better of a side at the begining of the season when we had Shuker and Burge. You know the team that got us and kept us in the top 2 for 25 odd games.

As usual people moan about the signing of Griff, and as usual he'll prove his worth to the squad.

At what level do you say 'sorry Griff, you aint good enough' though? Everybody says you would hate to play against him, and you know you've been in a game when playing against him, but how many clubs actually want him other than us?

He has a lot to prove this year. For me his strengths don't outweigh the massive weaknesses he has whenever in possession of a football. Squad player i can understand. A regular starter he should not be though.

Just can't see how he wasn't good enough for Leyton orient but he's good enough for us

Don't mind him as a squad player because you can bring him on to defend a lead but don't want him in the starting 11

did you see how apko sodje wasnt good enough for darlington ?

Just can't see how he wasn't good enough for Leyton orient but he's good enough for us

Don't mind him as a squad player because you can bring him on to defend a lead but don't want him in the starting 11

Pope wasnt good enough for Rotherham!

Archived