onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff signing

yorky valiant

Just can't see how he wasn't good enough for Leyton orient but he's good enough for us

Don't mind him as a squad player because you can bring him on to defend a lead but don't want him in the starting 11

I don't buy this 'L1 is a better league and you can't win it with L2 players' malarkey. Good players in any side lend something to the team performance and Griff is a good player in my opinion. Otherwise why do so many sides beat better class opposition in the cups?

Maybe a Vale with Griff in it would have beaten Sheff U.

Advert

id like to know who some of you think is going to actually break up play in the middle of the park this season?? Lines wont do it.. Loft wont do it.. Shuker wont do it.. We need Griff.. We are very strong going forward but we need someone to protect the defence!

I would also like to know why some people think that Orient didnt think he wasnt good enough!! its ********.. He didnt fit in to their style of play.

Those who are saying you are uninspired then good becasue Griff goes about his job and does it well and as some posts on here show has never had any kind of appreciation.

I would also remind some of you the slump we were in last season and the fact that we were getting well over run in midfield. This stopped when Griff came back. We are not Barcelona and cannot play with 11 attacking players.

Personally when I saw this link a month or so a go I was pretty underwhelmed and am always against bringing players back (bar expectional ones), however I do feel Griff has something to offer. Firstly he is going to give our back line some major cover in terms of combative edge, this season more than ever we are going to be put under pressure and need someone to go ratting to break up play. Secondly I think the combination of steel and creativity in Lines is perfect, we have seen in loft and burge a jack of all trades midfield where they are neither technically amazing or defensively strong. The balance given in this capacity is going to be again a required trait this year with better quality in and around them. The biggest point for me is that every team needs someone who can lift a game, we have seen with Griff that he will give 100%, which whilst not always enough has spurred us on as a team. There were a number of games last season when we needed a lift for the crowd and the team, griff putting in and winning big tackles one after another when we are under the cosh got the crowd going and fired up the lads around him and that is priceless .

Does it matter what the Orient manager thinks?

Did it matter what the Rotherham manager thought about Pope? A player who many on here thought wasn't good enough at the time.

Absolutely spot on.

We get what we can afford and trust in MA that he can get a squad of players playing for each other as a unit.

Love to have had Semedo but what would his wages be?????

id like to know who some of you think is going to actually break up play in the middle of the park this season?? Lines wont do it.. Loft wont do it.. Shuker wont do it.. We need Griff.. We are very strong going forward but we need someone to protect the defence!

I would also like to know why some people think that Orient didnt think he wasnt good enough!! its ********.. He didnt fit in to their style of play.

Those who are saying you are uninspired then good becasue Griff goes about his job and does it well and as some posts on here show has never had any kind of appreciation.

I would also remind some of you the slump we were in last season and the fact that we were getting well over run in midfield. This stopped when Griff came back. We are not Barcelona and cannot play with 11 attacking players.

We did survive without Griff though like I previously stated we got top 2 without him after 25+ games, no one missed him then. Yeah we lost 4 out of 5 games. You could say Griff stopped that yeah, or you could say we were just on a bad run of results. One thing is for sure when Griff did come back we did not look a shadow of the team that was top after we beat Gillingham, and thats what worries me.

We did survive without Griff though like I previously stated we got top 2 without him after 25+ games, no one missed him then. Yeah we lost 4 out of 5 games. You could say Griff stopped that yeah, or you could say we were just on a bad run of results. One thing is for sure when Griff did come back we did not look a shadow of the team that was top after we beat Gillingham, and thats what worries me.

You not at Burton then?

People rave about Griff last season saying he dragged us over the line etc. But, what was the midfield pairing when we looked our most dangerous and scored our most goals last season? Answer: Morsy and Shuker yet most who are crying our for Griff because he singlehandedly won us promotion (when we won 3 games in 10) are glad to see the back of Morsy.

Personally I think this is a little bit of a lazy signing. If Griff has been signed to come on for the last 15-20 mins to sure things up, all well and good. If he's been signed to start matches regularly, I'd be worried. We still need another league one quality midfielder to play alongside Lines in my opinion and a centre back.

Archived