onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New club shop

carpetman123

Thinking the same me sen, them windows ain't cheap so I hope they have shutters or I can foresee them been smashed in the near future

I am sure there were shutters on last week and have been shut for weeks, just left open now so we can see the window display, but they really want shutting overnight

Advert

Wow. I'd heard about the moaners on here but some of the posts on this thread take the biscuit!

Less is more these days. The displays look fine, I'd love to know exactly what people would do differently. Have people got nothing better to do than worry about whether a window might get smashed or not? There's CCTV everywhere, and if I know Burslem as well as I think I do then if anybody dared to deface the temple that is Vale Park there'd be some community payback laid out for the perpetrators.

I can't see what the problem is. I'm no expert at window dressing but less is probably more.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3127&d=1372878977

You seriously think that the above looks ok? A couple of partially open umbrellas hanging from the roof and 5 folded up tops stuck on some grey looking boards? Have you never watched Mary Queen of Shops?!!

I know that it's (hopefully) not completed yet but it's embarrassing so far. Peronally, I don't think that the plain white background or the blue net things look very good at all; a backdrop of the new crest or a huge photo of something Vale related would look much better. I don't think I've ever seen a window display where all the clothes are displayed still folded either (or with mini dogs as heads).

Wow. I'd heard about the moaners on here but some of the posts on this thread take the biscuit!

Less is more these days. The displays look fine, I'd love to know exactly what people would do differently. Have people got nothing better to do than worry about whether a window might get smashed or not? There's CCTV everywhere, and if I know Burslem as well as I think I do then if anybody dared to deface the temple that is Vale Park there'd be some community payback laid out for the perpetrators.

But why risk it, when it's a simple task to pull a shutter down. Remember it's not many years ago that some of the players and supporters cars were targeted while at an Away game. Sad but too many **** heads out there to take the risk.

You seriously think that the above looks ok? A couple of partially open umbrellas hanging from the roof and 5 folded up tops stuck on some grey looking boards? Have you never watched Mary Queen of Shops?!!

I know that it's (hopefully) not completed yet but it's embarrassing so far. Peronally, I don't think that the plain white background or the blue net things look very good at all; a backdrop of the new crest or a huge photo of something Vale related would look much better. I don't think I've ever seen a window display where all the clothes are displayed still folded either (or with mini dogs as heads).

You are deeply analysing a blurred photo on a grey day. I'm sure it looks better in the flesh. Chill out a bit aye? I think the displays use the contrast of black and white cleanly and smartly without making it look overly cluttered. Its not a jewellery store displaying £10,000 a piece bling. It's a football club shop and they've done a better job than anything else I've seen.

Listen.

Sting agrees with you, you are right. You do need to calm down though, Sting is starting to think you're a bit of an odd character, a silly chap.

Listen to Sting.

I kind of agree. It's by no means awful but the plain white background doesn't really make it very eye catching. A large crest on each panel or several smaller ones would break it up nicer and make it stand out more.

Either way though, its a million miles apart from the dowdy shop we have at the moment.

I kind of agree. It's by no means awful but the plain white background doesn't really make it very eye catching. A large crest on each panel or several smaller ones would break it up nicer and make it stand out more.

Either way though, its a million miles apart from the dowdy shop we have at the moment.

Maybe they could have pics of players on the white boards or something.

Stop moaning, although u can't please everyone... Like it or lump it. At least we now have a blinking window display, unlike the current prison cell window.

Onwards and upwards, the new shop is looking awesome!

Archived