onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New club shop

carpetman123

I don't think there was anything official saying the unfinished half of LS stand it would be ready for the start of the season - the contrary if I remember. I'm sure there was a news article (or it could have been said during the fans forum) that it would NOT be ready for the start of the season as the new club shop needed to be completed first and logistically it was impossible to build that and complete the LS stand in the summer.

However, the last news on this that I published was via the Supporters Club which included this:

"The club is committed to providing first class facilities for families and are still in consultation regarding the new family stand. If the stand was to be opened during this season, would families be prepared to transfer their season tickets to the new stand?"

To me, that says that work on the LS stand may be completed during the season if at all.

Link: http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/sc-finish-lorne-st-season/

Advert

could do with some word on this from the club, dont want everybody turning up for the first home game expecting to see seats only to find it looking exactly the same as last season

I don't think everybody will be turning up expecting seats in the Lorne Street. The internal work needs completing first which will be more time consuming. The installation of seats will be the final job and I'd imagine won't take a great deal of time to complete. There's very little benefit to finishing it off right now, unless it meant that we lost potential revenue by not having an overspill for away fans. The only club I can think of who'd potentially sell out their allocation this season is Wolves, but they didn't manage to take over 3,000 anywhere last season so I doubt they'll even sell out their current allocation unless they're flying high.

this is the problem everybody is expecting seats put in but the club have yet to confirm this to be the case

When I looked the other week the builders were outside and they had put in a load of wooden shoring at the top bit by the tunnel where the "steps" for the seats were not complete. Certainly looked like there were preparing to put seats in or it seemed a pointless think to do.

Not wanting to be negative or owt, but I hope they get someone who knows what they are doing to do proper window displays. The ones photographed are appalling. What's with those nets? And the little Boomers on the dummies' necks? They look like a shop that's closing down rather than one about to open.

I do agree the window displays could be done better. It'd be a shame if all the hard work is let down by a poorly decorated frontage. Looking at the sports shops in Hanley (including the Stoke shop dare I say) for ideas wouldn't do any harm

I went past at 7.30pm and had a look at the display, first thing I thought as a few teenage kids past me was why were the shutters not down on them big windows, stones lying about and big windows dont mix well

Thinking the same me sen, them windows ain't cheap so I hope they have shutters or I can foresee them been smashed in the near future

Archived