onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Morsy turns down deal, Loft negotiating, Chilvers to sign

Advert

Why do people seriously get so wound up about average players rejecting new contracts?

We'll replace them, just like every player that has left in the past couple of seasons. :yes:

Exactly, many on here were moaning when Burge left, saying he was the bees knees and Adams had made a huge error in judgement. He has been off the payroll nearly 3 months but no one has snapped him up? Morsy will probably end up at another L2 club ( Mansfield anyone ). There are better players out there and if we sign them no one will care about Burge, Morsy or evn Loft if he doesn't sign.

When it comes to transfers, Adams is a lazy manager.

My god you post some utter crap! If hes a lazy manager what the hell did he do to work miracles last summer.

This summer hes already let players go that wont figure next season including McCombe so he will want to sign better ones.

Clearly he wants to keep Morsy and Loft, he wouldnt have offered them 2 year deals on improved deals despite some of the drivel posted on here.

People like this poster need to think before they post or at least stay off the haribo or booze! :)

My god you post some utter crap! If hes a lazy manager what the hell did he do to work miracles last summer.

This summer hes already let players go that wont figure next season including McCombe so he will want to sign better ones.

Clearly he wants to keep Morsy and Loft, he wouldnt have offered them 2 year deals on improved deals despite some of the drivel posted on here.

People like this poster need to think before they post or at least stay off the haribo or booze! :)

You really think Micky wants to keep Morsy? Really? I credited you with more intelligence than that.

When it comes to transfers, Adams is a lazy manager and keeping Morsy would have been the easiest option. Whether he played him regularly is a different matter.

Morsy is another player who we are "wishing all the best to" and I echo those thoughts. It's early days in the transfer market but things need to start happening pretty soon.

No they don't. There are nearly 2 months left to the first game. MA is not going to be panic-driven into paying too much for the first mediocre players that come along.

As for Morsy, we will see if he is any good somewhere else, but after being the luckiest player around for not getting sent off against Oxford then doing it again almost immediately after being warned, then I have mixed feelings - reasonable prospect, terrible temperament.

Much more important to keep Jones, Yates and the rest and hopefully Loft too.

Why do people seriously get so wound up about average players rejecting new contracts?

We'll replace them, just like every player that has left in the past couple of seasons. :yes:

Why do people get so wound up about players?

They will be replaced, just like every player that has ever left..... Thats why we have a manager, its one of the things he is responsible for.

Whoever goes out of our squad will be replaced by better players, Adams and Sir Norman will ensure that.

I have championed Lofty since I first saw him in a Vale shirt, but I have now to say that if he does go, good luck to him. I will miss him but now realise Vale are bettering themselves and will need to sign some decent midfielders and defenders to enable us to progress.

Sam is replaceable, simple. Whether or not he had the talent is disputable but all the guff on here about his so called spats with Adams are irrelevant, he simply is not good enough if we want to "play with the big boys." He will find his limit in Division 1 or maybe top non league.

Chilvers is an interesting one. Yes he came good at the end of last campaign, in so much that he kept his head and cool when others were showing signs of stress. However, imo he is not a candidate for an automatic first choice in defence. We need to sign 2 experienced, speedy, effective central defence players and then Chilvers will be, quite rightly a good squad option for illness and suspension and injuries.

To date there has been more activity in leaving Vale rather than newcomers to the first team but Adams is wise and been around long enough for him to be trusted to be doing the business behind the scenes at present. Vale are surely choosing their targets wisely and will be in talks and action to secure the players we all know we require to continue our surge away from the basement areas of the League.

Come on Valiants, be patient. Onestepatatime is a very apt way of life, especially at the Vale. We will all be supporting whoever wears the proud Vale shirt come the start of the season.:yes:

You really think Micky wants to keep Morsy? Really? I credited you with more intelligence than that.

What i find strange is why people didn't mention this when Adams initially offered Morsy a contract? Why didn't anyone say Adams didn't really wanted him then? It was only when Morsy turned the contract down that the conspiracy theories started.

Another thing, why didn't we ask for a small compensation fee for McCombe from Mansfield? If like someone said on here that Adams offered Morsy a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year deal, because of the extra little bit money we'd get, then why just let McCombe go for nowt? Mansfield payed Kiddy £50k at the beginning of last season for Geohaghon, i'm sure they would of paid a compensation fee for McCombe if we had pushed it, but it looks like we didn't.

I just find it more plausible that Morsy turned down the contract because he feels he can get a better deal somewhere else (like Vincent) or he just wants a new challenge?

I just find it more plausible that Morsy turned down the contract because he feels he can get a better deal somewhere else (like Vincent) or he just wants a new challenge?

Or perhaps the contract he is being offered looks good on paper but is in effect a very bad deal for his future.....?..... we may never know the answers or even the questions, its unlikely we will ever be able to compare the old with the new in real terms.... but does it matter?..... Personally I think the "coward" incident played a big part in the saga but it makes little difference.

Archived