onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Morsy turns down deal, Loft negotiating, Chilvers to sign

If I had to choose between keeping one of Morsy and Loft, it would be Morsy. Lofts first touch isn't good enough for a League 1 centre midfielder, and he certainly isn't the midfield general we need. Morsy has more potential in my opinion.

People keep going on about THAT tackle that Morsy made that resulted in a red card. Didn't Loft do similar and get himself sent off late on in a match, late on in the season? Double standards as far as I can tell, Morsy is still labelled a "coward", whilst Loft "outstanding", mainly due to many hanging on then managers every word. Disappointing.

Advert

If I had to choose between keeping one of Morsy and Loft, it would be Morsy. Lofts first touch isn't good enough for a League 1 centre midfielder, and he certainly isn't the midfield general we need. Morsy has more potential in my opinion.

People keep going on about THAT tackle that Morsy made that resulted in a red card. Didn't Loft do similar and get himself sent off late on in a match, late on in the season? Double standards as far as I can tell, Morsy is still labelled a "coward", whilst Loft "outstanding", mainly due to many hanging on then managers every word. Disappointing.

Morsy did 2 similar tackles within a few games. 1 he was lucky with, didn't get sent off, was warned by the management about it and then repeated it a couple of games later.

I'd be surprised if Loft has made another Challenge like that in his entire career!

Chilvers is way too slow he was like a cart horse last season,Clayton was a far better centre half yet was let out on loan,everybody knows we are desperate for two centre halves with a bit of pace between them.I thought Doug Loft was superb last season so I hope he will sign up,as for Morsey we would miss the lad but he is a bit hot headed at times but I suspect Mickey can be as we'll so perhaps that's why they don't get on.[/quote

Chilvers was our best center half for the last 3 months of the season. He has excellent positional sense which makes up for his lack of pace. Will be a good squad player for us next season with a proper pre season behind him.

McDonald was ok, but no better than that.

What happens if he turns our offer down, doesn't get another offer from a different club, and then wants to accept the one we offered at much later date? Do we have to give it him or allow him to be released on a free?

Under FA/FL/PFA rules (I don't know which), there's a period after a contract is offered where it has to stay on the table. I think it's about 4 weeks, perhaps longer. If a player fails to respond within this deadline the club is within it's right to withdraw the offer.

I'm not certain about what happens when a player refuses an offer of a contract but I would imagine that if it's done formally then the club would not have to honour it if he changed his mind later.

So if he leaves it longer, where would we stand with regards to a fee? Would we have to offer honour the contract again to make sure we got it. Hypothetical I know as its not likely.

Good question really. We'd have to see about that.

Most clubs want to keep the players that they offer contracts to, whereas you get the feeling that Micky would be quietly happy if Sam walked, and they're only offering him a deal so they can get some compo under the Bosman ruling.

I do not need Adams to tell me Loft is an asset to Vale. I have my own mind and can see what an influence he has on the field, particularly when covering so many times a game for his colleagues! Imo Loft's present ability to play anywhere far outweighs whatever Sam could offer.

Good question really. We'd have to see about that.

Most clubs want to keep the players that they offer contracts to, whereas you get the feeling that Micky would be quietly happy if Sam walked, and they're only offering him a deal so they can get some compo under the Bosman ruling.

I don't believe that. If they just wanted compo they'd of just offered him a one year deal wouldn't they? Why take the risk of him signing on for two more years if we really didn't want him? He was offered a improved contract with the safety net of two year deal. Morsy either want's more money or a new challenge or both imo.

Many hanging on the managers word, really???????

Most use any opportunity to beat him including this opportunity it seems.

You are still persisting with little digs towards Mickey Adams i see. I think Rob Fielding's book says it all. From administration to promotion. How on earth did we do that? Mickey Adams is the answer.

With regards to Loft he has consistently been one of our best players for the last few seasons yet you aren't too keen on him. Why? Simply because our Manager has a high regard for him. Sort it out Cheeky lad

Archived