onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Morsy turns down deal, Loft negotiating, Chilvers to sign

I expect morsy was offered the same money as he was on last year just to make sure he doesn't go for nothing when he turns it down.

It does say an improved offer Andyregs.I suppose a fiver a week is an improved offer.Would have liked him to stay.

What happens if he turns our offer down, doesn't get another offer from a different club, and then wants to accept the one we offered at much later date? Do we have to give it him or allow him to be released on a free?

Advert

What happens if he turns our offer down, doesn't get another offer from a different club, and then wants to accept the one we offered at much later date? Do we have to give it him or allow him to be released on a free?

By turning us down may indicate he is fixed up already IMO.

Under FA/FL/PFA rules (I don't know which), there's a period after a contract is offered where it has to stay on the table. I think it's about 4 weeks, perhaps longer. If a player fails to respond within this deadline the club is within it's right to withdraw the offer.

I'm not certain about what happens when a player refuses an offer of a contract but I would imagine that if it's done formally then the club would not have to honour it if he changed his mind later.

As i said yesterday on another thread.......Morsey and MA dunna get on since the 'Coward'calling incident.......Good Luck young Morsey a good decision in your case........A bit of Compo would come in handy though.....;)

He was an idiot at Wycombe too with their number 8, the lad needs to grow up pretty damn quick.

Morsy is masively over rated by some. He has potential bit is far to hot headed and doesn't have the ability to compensate for it. He could go on to be come a decent lower league player but would require a lot of hard work.

I would like him to stay and continue his development but it is not great loss if he goes.

Chilvers is way too slow he was like a cart horse last season,Clayton was a far better centre half yet was let out on loan,everybody knows we are desperate for two centre halves with a bit of pace between them.I thought Doug Loft was superb last season so I hope he will sign up,as for Morsey we would miss the lad but he is a bit hot headed at times but I suspect Mickey can be as we'll so perhaps that's why they don't get on.

Another talented home grown player allowed to leave or forced out.

I don't suppose Joe Davis will get the chance to start regularly in central defence.

Allowed to leave/forced out? We've offered him a new improved 2 year deal. If he's turned it down then that's up to him.

Chilvers is way too slow he was like a cart horse last season,Clayton was a far better centre half yet was let out on loan,everybody knows we are desperate for two centre halves with a bit of pace between them.I thought Doug Loft was superb last season so I hope he will sign up,as for Morsey we would miss the lad but he is a bit hot headed at times but I suspect Mickey can be as we'll so perhaps that's why they don't get on.

Some times you dont have to be fast to be a centre half, having

the ability to read a game helps. Which from what I have seen

Chilvers can do.

McDonald was shocking. Clumsiest player I've seen in a vale shirt.

Morsy is masively over rated by some. He has potential bit is far to hot headed and doesn't have the ability to compensate for it. He could go on to be come a decent lower league player but would require a lot of hard work.

I would like him to stay and continue his development but it is not great loss if he goes.

Spot on. Morsey may have showed glimpses of talent but not enough for me to lose sleep over him going elsewhere. Good luck to him, in the 2nd Division. As far as Chilvers goes then I think it was obvious he would sign for us, as there would not have been too many League Clubs looking at him. Again I wish him well but feel he may be a bit part player behind, hopefully 2 excellent new centre back signings. No, I don't know anything, just hoping! I've made my thoughts crystal clear on Lofty on other threads...I want him to stay!

Its a real shame to see him go. At stages last season I thought we had the makings of a very talented centre-midfield partnership, Burge and Morsy, that had the potential to get better year on year and be at the club for the next 5 years and beyond ( as we hopefully move up through the leagues).

Both have their own respective issues and I dont necessarily blame anybody, just think its a real pity that the players and the club couldnt make it work.

Archived