onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(Realistic) potential signings

Edge81

I would like a few wingers, i have seen a few but i think Bradfords Zavon Hines would be a great addition to our side. He has everything to be a great winger, pace, skill, good shoting and great crossing, in my oppinion he woul be a good player at Vale! :)

Advert

It's not common knowledge but apparently AJ Leitch-Smith has been transfer listed by Crewe

If this is true it'll probably be announced when they announce their retained list

I don't think a forward is our priority but I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought him in

I've always rated him, would be a good addition alongside Pope for me. Not the most experienced but still young and, for me, underrated by many.

I'd like to see two centre backs, 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers. I would have Lee Collins back but I'm not not going to have the whole 'don't back back to old players' argument. It shouldn't matter to be fair, as long as they can do a job. Can't really comment on any others but I would only keep one out of Purse, Chilvers and McCombe, and Davis/Price are ones for the future who I'd like to see get some loan experience. McCombe's contracted, but for me Chilvers is the better of the 3. Purse has done a good job for us but his level is League 2.

Strikers. I'd keep Dodds with Hughes and Pope, and then get 2 in. One small and pacey like Leitch-Smith. He's kind of like Crewe's Willo, but with a bit more about him, and a bit younger too. And then maybe someone who's scoring in the Conference to give them a go. I like Williamson, but would he be content with a bench role again next season, where he is good enough to play week in, week out at a League 2 club?

You lot really need to be working longer hours. I wouldnt even know about the attributes of half our ****** reserve team, never mind the quality of players from some side up or down the M6. :D

It's down to hundreds of wastes hours on football manager ; )

Then again they aren't wasted when you finish 3rd in the prem with the Vale

Quality player who we nearly/should have signed years ago when he left Chester - in fact, Foyle as good as announced that the deal was done but then Shrewsbury offered him a little bit more and V2001 couldn't/wouldn't match it.

I think it was over paying his agent from what I remember, Shrewsbury did and we didn't. Commendable as not paying those parasites is it cost us a good player at the time, who has gone on to be a steady Championship player!

Ben Davies is a championship player, if we signed him it would be coup of the season. Doubt we could afford him, anyone suggesting the scottish player of the year Griffiths clearly lives in cloud cuckoo land. We should be looking at players who are bench warmers/ squad players in the championship or top end league two players ala midson, maghoma, kee, hanson. Or even players from the relegated sides who stood out, schumacher at bury, akpo sodje, Mark Duffy.

As much as i hate to say it , i wouldnt mind that cuvelier from the ****

Ben Davies is a championship player, if we signed him it would be coup of the season. Doubt we could afford him, anyone suggesting the scottish player of the year Griffiths clearly lives in cloud cuckoo land. We should be looking at players who are bench warmers/ squad players in the championship or top end league two players ala midson, maghoma, kee, hanson. Or even players from the relegated sides who stood out, schumacher at bury, akpo sodje, Mark Duffy.

Rare that I agree with you, but I wouldn't mind any of those. They are the level we are realistically at.

I think you are pretty much spot on with that.

Archived