onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Final Home game v Northampton - Season 2012/13

ollyandpatch

As long as the wheels don't come off, and cobblers continue to be in the hunt for automatic promotion (could even gain promotion at VP) Christ knows what the gate will be?

I follow most of our rival forums and they are capable of bringing over 2500 for that game !!

12125 please Barry !!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Advert

Because of safety rules I think we were getting close to the maximum number of home fans last night.

We mentioned this before yesterday but I have a feeling that the ground holds about 19,500 now, health and safety permitting.

If the Hamil holds about 4500 and there are an additional 2000 'missing' seats in the unfinished part of LS, that leaves about 13,000 left.

I know I'm doing a lot of speculating but it was rammed in the Railway - both parts - with a few odds seats left only, but very few.

There appeared to be 60-70 seats empty at the front of LS. Bycars seemed about 70% full. So my maths - not my best subject at school - is probably about right.

The reduced prices surely helped a lot and far better to get a crowd like that, buying refreshments, programmes, beer, etc, than the full paying 5000. It was a clever marketing excercise and worked to a tee. I'm still on a high - and no, I'm not an habitual drug user before you ask!

I thought that the current capacity was about 18000, with 4000ish in the Hamil - that leaves 14000 "home" seats. Assuming we had circa 10000 Vale fans last night, where were the 4000 empty seat? Maybe 1200-1300 in the Bycars, 300 in the Family stand, say 200 spread through the sold out areas - thats 1800 tops. So where are the missing 2200 seats? OMG, it's the ghost of Belly lol

I thought that the current capacity was about 18000, with 4000ish in the Hamil - that leaves 14000 "home" seats. Assuming we had circa 10000 Vale fans last night, where were the 4000 empty seat? Maybe 1200-1300 in the Bycars, 300 in the Family stand, say 200 spread through the sold out areas - thats 1800 tops. So where are the missing 2200 seats? OMG, it's the ghost of Belly lol

There was a lot more than 200 empty seats in the "sold out " Railway paddock and Lorne St, for some strange reason probably 750-1000 between the two. The Bycars was probably about half full, that gets you close to the 4000 you`re looking for.

Does un-reserved tickets make a difference? It can be difficult locating odd seats due to STs late arrivals or STs decided to sit elsewhere for instance?

I said earlier there was a lot of people standing at the back of the Railway Stand and a few sitting in the aisles.I could see only the odd seat available in there.People in groups like to sit together,that's why I earlier suggested that those with tickets go to the seats that they were allocated,therefore they would be sitting together.There was one or two empty seats near us,they were offered to people but they preferred to stand with their mates.Not saying it was a big issue but I wouldn't have liked another thousand turning up in the RS last night as fans knew other areas had sold out and that was pay on the night in there.A couple of our group paid to get in but they were in at about 7pm.

Archived