onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Final Home game v Northampton - Season 2012/13

ollyandpatch

Advert

Well let's number seats and have these big games complete sell outs. It must number every seat on that ticket system that they use and if they make fans aware of this issue they should be fine.

To be fair I didn't expect that crowd on Friday,I doubt if many did.There wasn't enough time to make it all ticket once the club realised how many tickets were getting sold.They made the decision for the Bycars to go pay on the night.Good call.I think it was the Railway Stand that had the worst problems.I think it should be all ticket ( numbered) in there for Northampton and possibly the Railway Paddock.The Lorne Street and Bycars are already ticket areas.Nearly 2 weeks to get it sorted.I'm sure people can make the extra trip up to the ground for a ticket to save unnecessary queues on the match day.It a bit of extra work getting the tickets numbered but it has worked before on many occasions.Paying on the night and not having numbered tickets caused the chaos in the

Railway Stand.

I was watching Wigan in the super league the other week and they kept banging on about the full house, and how the club could have filled the ground 2 or 3 times over for this match, and the camera panned round and there was a massive block of unused seats, had to be a couple of thousand and they mentioned in commentary about it being a health and safety issue.

So it sounds like bar the big 5-6 premier league clubs it's not safe for anyone else to fill their stadium any more.

There are a lot of restricted view seats in the Railway Stand that nobody wants to sit in. Enforcing numbered seats would be difficult due to this and also because culturally people have the pick of where they want to sit. A lot of people can and do move seats at half time. I haven't sat in my season ticket seat in years.

There are a lot of restricted view seats in the Railway Stand that nobody wants to sit in. Enforcing numbered seats would be difficult due to this and also because culturally people have the pick of where they want to sit. A lot of people can and do move seats at half time. I haven't sat in my season ticket seat in years.

I understand the restricted viewing Santa,would it be impossible to say hold back those seats.Ten minutes in the stand and you could make a decision where those seats are( behind the posts).Is this getting too complicated? ;)

To be fair I didn't expect that crowd on Friday,I doubt if many did.There wasn't enough time to make it all ticket once the club realised how many tickets were getting sold.They made the decision for the Bycars to go pay on the night.Good call.I think it was the Railway Stand that had the worst problems.I think it should be all ticket ( numbered) in there for Northampton and possibly the Railway Paddock.The Lorne Street and Bycars are already ticket areas.Nearly 2 weeks to get it sorted.I'm sure people can make the extra trip up to the ground for a ticket to save unnecessary queues on the match day.It a bit of extra work getting the tickets numbered but it has worked before on many occasions.Paying on the night and not having numbered tickets caused the chaos in the

Railway Stand.

Am I missing something? We bought tickets for the Railway Stand on the Thursday before the match and they were both numbered. I asked the girl at the ticket office whether we had to sit in the seat numbered on the ticket and she said no, just don't sit in any seat marked season ticket. Just to be sure, I put the same question to the stewards on the night and got the same answer. As it was, the seats numbered on our tickets were fine, so we just sat in 'em, no problem. With the crowd we had, though, I wouldn't want to be a steward if they had to enforce seating as per the ticket numbers - it would take 'em all night!

I had a ticket for the paddock, decided to sit in the seat given on the ticket, which luckily happened to be a cracking view, and had approximately 5 seats either side unoccupied.

Some fellas from the stand came and sat in them for all of 30 seconds before they decided they wanted more beer and never returned.

Am I missing something? We bought tickets for the Railway Stand on the Thursday before the match and they were both numbered. I asked the girl at the ticket office whether we had to sit in the seat numbered on the ticket and she said no, just don't sit in any seat marked season ticket. Just to be sure, I put the same question to the stewards on the night and got the same answer. As it was, the seats numbered on our tickets were fine, so we just sat in 'em, no problem. With the crowd we had, though, I wouldn't want to be a steward if they had to enforce seating as per the ticket numbers - it would take 'em all night!

I was looking at other posts and assumed there was no allocated number.But as I've said we've had many all ticket allocated seats matches in the past without the chaos there was on Friday.If people got there 10 mins earlier than norm went straight to their seat( numbered,you did it) how difficult is that for folk to do?I do appreciate CD it is not ideal but if Man Utd can handle 75000 surely we can handle 3000approx in the Railway Stand.?

I had a ticket for the paddock, decided to sit in the seat given on the ticket, which luckily happened to be a cracking view, and had approximately 5 seats either side unoccupied.

Some fellas from the stand came and sat in them for all of 30 seconds before they decided they wanted more beer and never returned.

We got in our seats at 6.30 approx having seen what TC was like.The hot chocolate was ok.Just to add we are season ticket holders.A bit of planning by a few is needed.I know my bro thinks it is realistic to get to Vale at 2.59pm get parked up and see the kickoff.Work comes into play for some and other matters but if the kickoff was 2pm would that mean that the crowd would be so drastically reduced?I'd love to see the ground sold out let's hope it is and nobody misses anything.

I was looking at other posts and assumed there was no allocated number.But as I've said we've had many all ticket allocated seats matches in the past without the chaos there was on Friday.If people got there 10 mins earlier than norm went straight to their seat( numbered,you did it) how difficult is that for folk to do?I do appreciate CD it is not ideal but if Man Utd can handle 75000 surely we can handle 3000approx in the Railway Stand.?

Think you're right about getting there early. There are obviously valid reasons for some people getting there close to the kick off but far too many left it too late to find a suitable seat. Don't think many people realised it would be so crowded, so I guess people will turn up earlier for the Northants game.

One of the problem with insisting on seating by numbers is that you don't really have any choice where you sit. We were lucky on Friday and got good numbered seats (even though we didn't have to sit in them) but I'd be pretty annoyed if we were just allocated seats and had to sit behind a pillar! The best thing is that it was such a brilliant evening that I don't think the seating chaos will put too many off, especially if the price is right.

Archived