onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

wimbledon thursday

panhead

Tom Pope's goal tonight was brilliant, his anticipation and determination to get to the ball before the keeper were superb. I can't remember ever seeing a player push the ball round the keeper at pace, do a couple of rolls, get back on his feet and calmly put the ball in the net from such an acute angle, outrageous piece of skill.

Advert

Jones looked good going forward but very suspect when defending. Where did their first come from??

Vincent didner cover the overlapping player so it's a bit harsh to label Jones a suspect defender because of it as we'll as the fact that we've only seen him play one game. He lasted the 90 and got us back in the game with a well hit goal, well done Jonesy, UTV

Jones looked good going forward but very suspect when defending. Where did their first come from??

Vincent didner cover the overlapping player so it's a bit harsh to label Jones a suspect defender because of it as we'll as the fact that we've only seen him play one game. He lasted the 90 and got us back in the game with a well hit goal, well done Jonesy, UTV

What was also pleasing to see was that he got behind their full back on a number of occasions. Excellent signing on last night's showing.

One bad day at the office and people a moaning. Can't people accept it was just one of those nights and the lads did well to get a point. Not playing well and getting a result is a sign of a strong team. Picking out individual players and having a go at them is not what we need at the moment. We need to get behind the whole team that ma picks and encourage them.

read through this thread and so many are just moaning - why can't you see the positives ...

Got oursleves a quality left back in the Collins mold (before he was injured)

Pope's goal was simply fantastic yet not a mention!

Second half performance excellent, Lofty brilliant half, pinned them back in their own half for last 15 mins

Myrie-Williams skinned their defence despite them marking him with 2 sometimes 3 players.

We are going up guys - when are you going to believe that we are better than anyone else in this division? - we score more goals than anyone else - Popey alone is heading for an incredible total.

Stop moaning about our inability to defend when we are knocking goals in for fun. Watching the Vale this season is ENTERTAINING we attack everyone home and away, its great value for money, everything Sjoke are not basically.

Spot on !!! Looked very strong second half

great for us expats to see a game ! as most people say we were pants first half totally over ran in midfield, still stepped it up second half and looked very powerful. hugesy was out of touch but I thought Williamson looked a real threat when he came on reminded me of Craig Davis. looks like we have some great game changing players on the bench. Again this is a game we would of lost in the recent past, overall very pleased with a point.

Cannot see why Yates was dropped, although Jones did have a good debut. What about playing Yates at full back with Jones and Loft on the left/middle of midfield as I see Jones being good at belting forward rather than defending. We have really moved on when we are disappointed at an away draw. There could be grounds for moaning about certain players but give Wombles some credit for trying to get one over us when we are top of the League. We salvaged a point with only 6,maybe 7 players performing so we can assume that with 9 or 10 or even all 11 "being on song" then we will get promotion in a canter. Let the rest of the Division worry about us and if we carry on as we are we will be in Division 1 before you know it.

Tom Pope's goal tonight was brilliant, his anticipation and determination to get to the ball before the keeper were superb. I can't remember ever seeing a player push the ball round the keeper at pace, do a couple of rolls, get back on his feet and calmly put the ball in the net from such an acute angle, outrageous piece of skill.

That's pretty much what I was going to say, that's the best goal I've seen him score, his anticipation was the key but he still had a lot to do but did it brilliantly, the highlight of what was a below par performance from us but we still got a deserved point after being 2 down, all the signs of a good team.

Yup, I think the second one was more of a peno than the first and even without my Stokie hat on I would have sent Loft off, it's a yellow all day long.

Poor performance from You lot as I'm sure has been said. The left back impressed me with how well he got forward and Loft despite being lucky not to be sent off played well too.

Hughes was pants and looked like he hadn't played in months and missed some chances You'd expect him to bury.

And is Neal known for buckling under pressure? Every time the ball rolled back to him Wimbledon had 2 players sprinting at him. I don't know if that's how they play or they just targeted him.

Don`t agree about Loft`s possible second yellow as their player stepped across him to deliberately be fouled. In my opinion a yellow card should only be for deliberate or dangerous fouls.

Totally agree about Hughes as he was way off the pace and the second was more of a pen than the first, but didn`t think either were nailed on.

i thought lee hughes had a poor game and should have been replaced at half time when williamson came on he caused them alot more problems.

Hughes chased the ball down to make the defender hurry his back pass for Popes goal / Hughes nearly scored in the first half when the defender got a toe in to put it out for a corner / Hughes should of scored but rushed his shot that went straight to the keeper in the second half / Hughes and Pope were close to scoring in the second half 2-3 times when the ball was blazed just out of reach in the second half.

My point is that with Pope and Hughes on we always have a chance of scoring, don't get me wrong Williamson is a good player but not a natural finisher.

Our Pope/Hughes forward partnership have scored 3 goal between them in 2 games they have played together.

Archived