onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

wimbledon thursday

panhead

Ben offers movement and his link up with Tom against Plymouth has been sacrificed for Hughes' history. Tonight was an off game for quite a few but MA needs to remember how we reached top spot. Vincent is a shadow of his early season (remember Oxford) but the positives tonight are Burge again and Jones' solid debut. Wimbledon were hardly going to lie down as they are fighting for their lives.

Advert

Daniel Jones looks a superb acquisition.

Popeys goal was class.

Ryan Burge had a great game.

Lee Hughes was dire.

Chilvers needs a rocket up him for the penalty

The first half was a massive disappointment.

couldnt agree more plus loft wasnt at his best as well struggled against sweeney, jones looks a superb signing but i think put yates on the other side to do the same get forward and help myre williams. got give wimbledon massive credit for how they played 1st half they played some good football and closed us down very quick but jones goal changed the game.

A point away from home is ok.

At least we didnt lose.

Daniel Jones looks a superb acquisition.

Popeys goal was class.

Ryan Burge had a great game.

Lee Hughes was dire.

Chilvers needs a rocket up him for the penalty

The first half was a massive disappointment.

A point away from home is ok.

At least we didnt lose.

That's how I saw it.

Loft and M. Williams were better in the 2nd half.

Let's get real. First half we were poor. End of. 2-0 down...would've taken a draw at that point.

Second half, i thought we were outstanding. Absolutely bossed it. JMW was fantastic, our MOTM for me(apart from that shot right at the end of the game, should have passed it)

Chilvers was p*ss poor, absolute liability, soft penalty, but they should have had one second half, so swings and roundabouts. Hughes just could not make a mark on the game. Vincent didn't play particularly great, but still had a decent enough game.

Jones goal was great, think it was a hit and hope, but we will take anything at 2 down. Other than his goal, i thought he was poor in the first half, always out of position, left a huge gap at left back for their players to exploit (which they did for their first goal so no-one can disagree with that point!). He was much better second half, much better. Kept his position, got forward when needed, back when he had to.

Overall, over the whole game, the team played well. At 2 down, we would've taken a draw, but on the second half performance we could be disappointed with coming away with a point. If we go from now until the end of the season, Win Draw Win Draw etc, promotion is guaranteed. We can't even think about the teams around us, forget them, concentrate on ourselves and get the points we need. Next up, Accrington

Some tools on this thread! I agree with EH, this is league two not the champions league!

Yes we weren't great but we battled back for a point, another excellent goal from Pope(cracking finish for me on what was a puddin of a pitch to get that round the keeper and role it home! Brilliant!).

Much better in the 2nd half though, Hughes perhaps should have scored when JMW pulled it back but all in all I'm not too disappointed, a point against a team we don't do very well against!

Very impressed with Jones, he showed a lot of energy and a encouraging debut! Oh please be the decent left back we've been crying out for since Allen Tankard!?

spot on sv.

4 points from our last 2 away games is a good return. All teams have below par performances but good teams grind a result out, which is what we did tonight. With Hughes an pope in the side I always thought we would get something out of the game.

Let's get real. First half we were poor. End of. 2-0 down...would've taken a draw at that point.

Second half, i thought we were outstanding. Absolutely bossed it. JMW was fantastic, our MOTM for me(apart from that shot right at the end of the game, should have passed it)

Chilvers was p*ss poor, absolute liability, soft penalty, but they should have had one second half, so swings and roundabouts. Hughes just could not make a mark on the game. Vincent didn't play particularly great, but still had a decent enough game.

Jones goal was great, think it was a hit and hope, but we will take anything at 2 down. Other than his goal, i thought he was poor in the first half, always out of position, left a huge gap at left back for their players to exploit (which they did for their first goal so no-one can disagree with that point!). He was much better second half, much better. Kept his position, got forward when needed, back when he had to.

Overall, over the whole game, the team played well. At 2 down, we would've taken a draw, but on the second half performance we could be disappointed with coming away with a point. If we go from now until the end of the season, Win Draw Win Draw etc, promotion is guaranteed. We can't even think about the teams around us, forget them, concentrate on ourselves and get the points we need. Next up, Accrington

Good post. Agree with all of that. I was beginning to think I'd had the wrong channel on for the last two hours!

Archived