onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

wimbledon thursday

panhead

Advert

I thought Lee Hughes was ****** hopeless. His reactions have clearly slowed as could be seen by the few goal mouth scrambles we had. He clearly does not have the fitness either. Calvin Andrew looked more of a goal threat when he came on and that is saying something. Pope is the only player we have who can create chances from nothing. On the up-side the new lad Jones looked really good. Overall it is probably one of the weaker away performances from a stellar season.

First of all the banana incident ! If it was a vale fan it was a great throw as the vale fans were at the opposite end of the pitch at the side .

First ten minutes we were slow out of the blocks as we have been for the vast majority of games this season , usually the first 20/25 mins normally .

Once we had conceded a poorly defended first goal we settled down and looked much the better side with Sullivan saving them twice . As the first half wore on I thought we deserved to at least equalise . Instead we had a ridiculous ref decision go against us ! Then just as you think well that's it , one of those games , up pops jones with a belter .

Second half we battered them and the stats show it. . Popeys finish was tremendous . Hughes probably should have scored , again Sullivan saved them on at least two occasions .

To come back from two down away from home shows character . We will win plenty more games this season if we continue to dominate like that . Jones had a good debut and progressively through the game our team ethic , fitness and footballing ability showed through .

We did not lose , it is another point towards promotion and I feel more and more confident that this is our season . I am looking forward to the accy game , bring it on .

The best player on the pitch was Ryan Burge. He keeps our play ticking over and always wants the ball. We have been crying out for a player like this for the last few seasons because with him we can actually keep possession of the ball.

I just for the life of me dont understand how Calvin Andrew can make the bench yet Louis Dodds cant. I would have even played Dodds ahead of Hughes as Hughes doesnt even look fit. Williamson looked a threat when he came on and should have replaced Vincent much sooner.

With regards the banana incident, I thought it came from wimbledon fans. I figured it had been thrown at our defender (Duffy?) as they thought it was a foul and that's what the person had on them - nothing racist at all imho.

As for the game, well if we get promoted finishing 3rd by 1 point we can look back on that as the point. You may argue that if we miss out by 2 points you could also point to this game. Personally I'm happy with another away point and as usual, had we drawn with Gills and beaten Wimbledon everyone would have been well happy - but we would still have only gained 4 points from 2 tough away games!

Odd evening. Two points dropped and yet a point gained.

Just don't see what Adams sees in Chilvers. He's a liability and we'd be much better off with Davis alongside Purse. Boom can't come back soon enough either.

Sign of a decent team to play poor and still nick a point from two down, and on balance we were the side more deserving of the win but not to be.

Jones could prove a quality find once he beds in.

With regards the banana incident, I thought it came from wimbledon fans. I figured it had been thrown at our defender (Duffy?) as they thought it was a foul and that's what the person had on them - nothing racist at all imho.

Aimed at the referee apparently.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Pensioner-arrested-banana-thrown-pitch/story-17951808-detail/story.html

Game of two halves. First half we never got going and they knocked it around well. 2nd half we put in a very good performance and on another day that would have been enough to have won the game.

Jones looks a good signing. Burge is very talented. Loft was immense in the second half. Pope is just unreal. Hughes should have scored but his day will come. Also, what does Ben Williamson have to do to get a game?

Let's not forget that AFC Wimbledon are on a good run. Their manager Neil Ardley seems a good bloke, good luck to them for the rest of the season. On that display tonight they'll be absolutely fine.

The best player on the pitch was Ryan Burge. He keeps our play ticking over and always wants the ball. We have been crying out for a player like this for the last few seasons because with him we can actually keep possession of the ball.

I just for the life of me dont understand how Calvin Andrew can make the bench yet Louis Dodds cant. I would have even played Dodds ahead of Hughes as Hughes doesnt even look fit. Williamson looked a threat when he came on and should have replaced Vincent much sooner.

Agree on Burge. Dodds is injured, he tweeted so himself.

Archived