onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

wimbledon thursday

panhead

AFCW have been stringing a few results together recently and IMHO they were always going to be a tougher proposition than a lot said prior to the match.

Apart from the first 15 minutes and a short spell in the 2nd half we were well on top and if it hadn't been for some top class goalkeeping by Sullivan we'd have had at least a couple more. I think the ref had it about right for the pens* but I think their lad could well have been sent off by some as he never let up even after he'd been booked.

I've not going to be negative about individuals as those concerned knew they played badly. However, the setup seemed strange and given the personnel changes it looks like there are some who need to learn our system. Given some pitch time in training it should work out fine.

In all, disappointed that we didn't win but we didn't lose either. Onwards and upwards.

* the one that was given and the one that wasn't.

Advert

After 20 mins we'd had 80 percent of the possession, I'd say we were in the game?

if you're referring to the stat from sky sports that was a 'last 5 mins' possession stat of 80%

fairly certain we did not have 80% possession for the first 20 mins

Makes sense.

Quite an enjoyable game as it goes. The only negative with Vale's play I thought was You tried to hoof it a bit too much and it didn't work. You played best when the midfield could spread it wide and gave it Myrie-Williams who had his full back in his pocket in the second half.

And I know, a Stoke fan saying You hoof it too much, pot and kettle and all that but it's true!

To be honest we hoof when we are under pressure or go behind , when we are leading or level we play better and pass the ball

Makes sense.

Quite an enjoyable game as it goes. The only negative with Vale's play I thought was You tried to hoof it a bit too much and it didn't work. You played best when the midfield could spread it wide and gave it Myrie-Williams who had his full back in his pocket in the second half.

And I know, a Stoke fan saying You hoof it too much, pot and kettle and all that but it's true!

To be honest we hoof when we are under pressure or go behind , when we are leading or level we play better and pass the ball

Not always true. Away at Walsall, we continued to pass the ball out from the back. I think it depends on what type of pitch we are on. Walsall seems more of an expansive pitch so we had room to move it about. At Wimbledon the pace is quicker, so getting yourself out of danger, sometimes results in the ods hoof.

We play some good footy at times. Its just a bit laboured. Our fitness levels are certainly helping though, as Dons looked shagged after about 50mins!

Archived