onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Formby Valiant

no correct me please properly... tell me the last goal Pope scored from a cross from either jmw or vincent...

I have corrected you, you just can't see it.

I HAVE NEVER SAID POPE SCORES FROM THE WINGERS PUTTING CROSSES INTO THE BOX, so why do you persist in asking me for examples?????????

I said THEY PUT CROSSES INTO THE BOX AND POPE GETS ON THE END OF.

Crying out loud it's not difficult to understand surely!!!!!!!.........

Advert

We must keep hold of Pope this season now that he has got his head sorted (but if stupid money comes in for him sell him) Lets face it what has he done any other season.
A club would buy Pope for the goals they hope he would score for them, based on the ability he has shown this season. There is no reason why he will not carry on scoring for the Vale, if he retains the same motivation and avoids injuries. However that may not be the case at another club for various resaons, but surely any buying club would analyse the reasons for his success and whether they could accommodate him. But desperate clubs do foolish things if they have money to burn, and scoring players are always in high demand.

however back on topic

the wingers, wide midfielders or what ever of late have not crossed much for tom to get on the end of and score from

im pretty sure thats the point some posters were trying to make

Deano the top and bottom of it is that neither of our ;wingers' provide a good service to Tom.

Most of the crosses have come from either the full backs or the midfield men. Yes JMW can look dangerous when he cuts in but he is very predictable and very, very frustrating.

I am very disappointed in Ashley Vincent in most of his last appearances he has done very little. If it had been dodds Morsy or Burge they would have been dropped.

I expect many on here to say'' 'Old Sage' is moaning again we are top of the league aren't we?.'' Yes we are but things could be improved on and the wingers need to remember what wingers should do GET CROSSES OVER.

Deano the top and bottom of it is that neither of our ;wingers' provide a good service to Tom.

Most of the crosses have come from either the full backs or the midfield men. Yes JMW can look dangerous when he cuts in but he is very predictable and very, very frustrating.

I am very disappointed in Ashley Vincent in most of his last appearances he has done very little. If it had been dodds Morsy or Burge they would have been dropped.

I expect many on here to say'' 'Old Sage' is moaning again we are top of the league aren't we?.'' Yes we are but things could be improved on and the wingers need to remember what wingers should do GET CROSSES OVER.

JMW has 7 league goals and Vincent 5, yes some of JMW's are penalties but he has still scored them. I admit they could and should cross more and they can be frustrating......but isn't that why they are here at Port Vale and not elsewhere (ie and Div 1 or Championship club)?

Also, we would NOT be top of the League had Vincent NOT made last goal-line clearance yesterday.

If JMW and Vincent are creating space for others to cross for Pope to score, then does it really matter?

Not a 'dig' buddy, just my opinion like. ;)

JMW has 7 league goals and Vincent 5, yes some of JMW's are penalties but he has still scored them. I admit they could and should cross more and they can be frustrating......but isn't that why they are here at Port Vale and not elsewhere (ie and Div 1 or Championship club)?

Also, we would NOT be top of the League had Vincent NOT made last goal-line clearance yesterday.

If JMW and Vincent are creating space for others to cross for Pope to score, then does it really matter?

Not a 'dig' buddy, just my opinion like. ;)

and your opinion is valued... i alluded to the fact that in my opinion.. humble tho it maybe.. that if JMW and Vincent played on their favoured foot wings and crossed more Pope could smash all records with his exceptional heading ability.. but boslem boy or whoever says cos MA said they do it already then im wrong.... well sorry but i am not.. i have missed a handful of games in 10 years or more before that non from 1990 till 1993 so ive seen a bit u know

I have corrected you, you just can't see it.

I HAVE NEVER SAID POPE SCORES FROM THE WINGERS PUTTING CROSSES INTO THE BOX, so why do you persist in asking me for examples?????????

I said THEY PUT CROSSES INTO THE BOX AND POPE GETS ON THE END OF.

Crying out loud it's not difficult to understand surely!!!!!!!.........

*Vale are made for Pope's game with 2 flying wingers who love a battle, crossing the ball for him to get onto the end of.

yawwwwn... when in a hole!! stop digging pal ;-)

sometimes a club is "made" for a player

what did Mcphee or Constantine do after they left?

If I were him I'd try and get an improved contract and knuckle down @ VP for another 12 months and see what happens

Made more money, and sorry buts thats the bottom line of it. This could be Tom's last chance to make some decent money, and personally I would not begrudge him if he did.

That said, of course I dont want him to go.

Archived