onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Formby Valiant

Advert

I think this is a similar situation that a great goalscorer had with his favourite club 20 years ago with STEVE BULL of Wolves

He was a local lad plying his trade in the 4th Div and scored goals for fun, he did,nt want to move from his beloved Wolves and stayed with them turning down big money moves to go on to secure successive promotions to eventually get to the premier league

also go on and achieve international honours appearing for England and go to a World Cup

This is a similar situation and think that Vale should look after their prized assett and for Tom to achieve Legend status in Burslem

who knows we could be erecting another statue in 10 years time

UP THE VALE!!

they may make an offer

tom does not want to move

if i was wildes id be looking at tying tom down on a better contract

Bang on that Ant,i have said on another thread that he should be our next signing on a longer improved deal which i am sure he would sign with how things are going and maybe put a 1m buy out clause or something in there too.

sometimes a club is "made" for a player

what did Mcphee or Constantine do after they left?

If I were him I'd try and get an improved contract and knuckle down @ VP for another 12 months and see what happens

I think you're spot on.

I've been a big supporter of Pope from the moment he joined us. There is no doubt that MA has discovered something in Tom that other managers have either missed or could'nt bring out in his game. But as much as I admire him and taking into account his new fitness levels and change of lifestyle I very much doubt Pope would have been as prolific in another team. Vale are made for Pope's game with 2 flying wingers who love a battle, crossing the ball for him to get onto the end of. We also have the cultered play of Loft who knows that Pope will battle, hold the ball up or simply lay a simple pass to someone else. The team compliment Pope and can react to what he is doing at any particular moment, whether he is the target man running the channels or our centre forward in a goal scoring position in the penalty area. We have the players who allow Pope to dictate our play and that seems to suit our style.

Like I've said before on another thread Pope has already experienced the "big money move" and it did'nt work out for him. By moving to Port Vale he left his nightmare behind and within 12 months he's living the dream. No amount of money can give Pope what he has got at the moment. why would he risk another "Rotherham"?

I think this is a similar situation that a great goalscorer had with his favourite club 20 years ago with STEVE BULL of Wolves

He was a local lad plying his trade in the 4th Div and scored goals for fun, he did,nt want to move from his beloved Wolves and stayed with them turning down big money moves to go on to secure successive promotions to eventually get to the premier league

also go on and achieve international honours appearing for England and go to a World Cup

This is a similar situation and think that Vale should look after their prized assett and for Tom to achieve Legend status in Burslem

UP THE VALE!!

All that, despite Steve Bull growing up being a Baggies fan.

*Vale are made for Pope's game with 2 flying wingers who love a battle, crossing the ball for him to get onto the end of.

When was last time one of our "flying" "battling" wingers crossed the ball in for Pope to score.. they both play on the wrong wings so they both cut inside to shoot with their respective favoured foot... imho if we played with them crossing the ball Pope could hit 50 goals with his heading ability... correct me if i'm wrong by the way ;-)

UP THE VALE!!

Im sure Bully had retired by the time wolves got back in the prem and he also only had one england cap against scotland.

*Vale are made for Pope's game with 2 flying wingers who love a battle, crossing the ball for him to get onto the end of.

When was last time one of our "flying" "battling" wingers crossed the ball in for Pope to score.. they both play on the wrong wings so they both cut inside to shoot with their respective favoured foot... imho if we played with them crossing the ball Pope could hit 50 goals with his heading ability... correct me if i'm wrong by the way ;-)

Well said Bobby

So nither winger has ever crossed the ball into the box?

MA must be incorrect when he states we play with 2 wingers. Because if they don't cross the ball they're not wingers, they're wide midfielders who keep cutting into the middle of the park.

So you're wrong and you have been corrected!!!!!.......

Im sure Bully had retired by the time wolves got back in the prem and he also only had one england cap against scotland.

I've been to Steve Bull's old house in Norton Canes and he had all his England shirts framed and hanging in his snooker room. I never counted them but there were quite a few.

Archived