onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Formby Valiant

Using that logic, Rotherham would never have offloaded Pope if he was special either...
They didn't 'feed him' right just like we didn't last season either. You don't need to be a football mastermind to see that Mr Pope is majestic in the air so he must be fed!

JMW on the other hand is one footed and unless he learns to use his other foot to more than just stand on he really can't improve.

Advert

They didn't 'feed him' right just like we didn't last season either. You don't need to be a football mastermind to see that Mr Pope is majestic in the air so he must be fed!

JMW on the other hand is one footed and unless he learns to use his other foot to more than just stand on he really can't improve.

Very true, but he has 8/9 goals this season plus several assists. Not bad for a free transfer Stevenage reject. He is more than good enough for this league, albeit exceptionally infuriating.

jmw on form is exciting and entertaining, there is an element of teams doubling up on him which has had an impact.....of late however he has tended not to pick out a pass/cross favouring a shot instead...i hope he reverts back to his form of the opening ten games
Ideally both wingers would swap about during the game, thus making crossing easier and thier intentions less predictable to defenders. Midfielders and full-backs also contribute to assists. Hughes also got a lot of heading goals with Notts, I expect MA and the coaches to give emphasis to this aspect, but the main thing is to have a variety of attacking options.

Whilst the attackers can be frustrating at times, excluding Pope of course, I dont think I'd swap them , rather I'd give them better instructions and preparation. Its always been our defence thats the problem and the addition of Purse seems to be much more than a step in the right direction.

Ideally both wingers would swap about during the game, thus making crossing easier and thier intentions less predictable to defenders. Midfielders and full-backs also contribute to assists. Hughes also got a lot of heading goals with Notts, I expect MA and the coaches to give emphasis to this aspect, but the main thing is to have a variety of attacking options.

Yates, being a right footer playing on the left, didnt have much trouble crossing on Saturday.

dream on

this is toms only season with a great strike rate

£500k would b tops

Nothing less than £1M, he is a changed player, and will improve even more. How many goals would he score with a Mark Chamberlain to cross for him? Do not undersell our prize asset.

With regards to Pope, I don't think he'll go this January, I think he'll want to see the job through and help his boyhood team win promotion. If a big money offer comes in for him in the summer, I certainly would not begrudge him a move that could set him up for life (financially). However, I would hope that due to the position we find ourselves in now, financially, if he was to leave, it would be for a 7 figure sum.

Turning to the wingers, they can be infruriating cutting in at time, but I suspect this is what Adams has instructed them to do. I was told by an ex player, a couple of years ago, that Adams likes his wide players to play on the opposite foot and cut in, rather than get to the byline. By all accounts, even taking this tact, they have stilled weighed in with goals and assists, and whilst they haven't looked as terrifying to the opposition recently in comparison to their early season form I'd still rather have them in our team than be playing against them.

With regards to Pope, I don't think he'll go this January, I think he'll want to see the job through and help his boyhood team win promotion. If a big money offer comes in for him in the summer, I certainly would not begrudge him a move that could set him up for life (financially). However, I would hope that due to the position we find ourselves in now, financially, if he was to leave, it would be for a 7 figure sum.

Turning to the wingers, they can be infruriating cutting in at time, but I suspect this is what Adams has instructed them to do. I was told by an ex player, a couple of years ago, that Adams likes his wide players to play on the opposite foot and cut in, rather than get to the byline. By all accounts, even taking this tact, they have stilled weighed in with goals and assists, and whilst they haven't looked as terrifying to the opposition recently in comparison to their early season form I'd still rather have them in our team than be playing against them.

Agree with almost all of this but think we would struggle to get 1m. If he was 22-23 then possibly as you are also buying potential. Lets hope he stays to see this job through at least.

Agree with almost all of this but think we would struggle to get 1m. If he was 22-23 then possibly as you are also buying potential. Lets hope he stays to see this job through at least.

The lad is only 27!!! He's in the prime years of his career... He's not 30 something... £1m is easily achievable... Do you think Man U said that about Van Persie??? I think not... 26-31 are suggestively a players prime years!

Archived