onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Formby Valiant

I think recently teams have doubled up on vincent and myrie-williams so they have looked a little in-effective. but now we have a little more down the middle to give teams something else to think about.

But the Pope has been magnificent this season, i have well and truly ate humble pie

Advert

Nothing less than £1M, he is a changed player, and will improve even more. How many goals would he score with a Mark Chamberlain to cross for him? Do not undersell our prize asset.

If he had another 2yrs left in the summer then i would hope that 1m or around that was achievable BUT at the moment he would only have 12mths left,so imo if he did leave in the summer it wont be for anywhere near 1m.

If he had another 2yrs left in the summer then i would hope that 1m or around that was achievable BUT at the moment he would only have 12mths left,so imo if he did leave in the summer it wont be for anywhere near 1m.
In that case I would do everything in my power to keep The Pope at Vale Park. I'm sure a good improved contract with incentives would see Tom put his name on a new Vale contract

Sorry RZ but the reason JMW in particular fails to get to the byeline is simply because he is so one footed (left) it is actually difficult to reach the right side byeline and cutting inside is the easy option.

I agree that cutting inside can cause the element of surprise but with Myrie it is actually more of a surprise when he goes wide.

Lets be honest Stevenage and Colchester would never have unloaded if JMW and Vincent were anything special.

I'm not knocking Myrie in particular as he can be dangerous at time especially if the full back is slow.

You could use that argument with most of our players including your man dodds.

I think recently teams have doubled up on vincent and myrie-williams so they have looked a little in-effective. but now we have a little more down the middle to give teams something else to think about.

But the Pope has been magnificent this season, i have well and truly ate humble pie

I agree with my namesake

Everytime JMW had the ball on saturday he has 2 players on him

Rayzer, with all due respect I can't see the new owners sitting on there **** doing nothing about it if that's the case. We have no say in what happens at Vale Park these days but if Pope was to leave I'm sure it would be the best deal in monetary terms for the club.

Personally I can't see him leaving when there's a good chance he will be playing in a league higher next season.

jmw on form is exciting and entertaining, there is an element of teams doubling up on him which has had an impact.....of late however he has tended not to pick out a pass/cross favouring a shot instead...i hope he reverts back to his form of the opening ten games
Ideally both wingers would swap about during the game, thus making crossing easier and thier intentions less predictable to defenders. Midfielders and full-backs also contribute to assists. Hughes also got a lot of heading goals with Notts, I expect MA and the coaches to give emphasis to this aspect, but the main thing is to have a variety of attacking options.

Pope is one of the best headers of a ball Ive seen since Lee Mills (at the Vale) ... He always seems to jump perfectly and his strength just means the defenders bounce off him.

As for the wingers swapping; when JMW went to the left away at Burton, he tore their right-back apart for about 15mins and.thats where our equaliser came from. Needs doing more for me. Guppy and McCarthy were experts at knowing when to switch sides.

Sorry RZ but the reason JMW in particular fails to get to the byeline is simply because he is so one footed (left) it is actually difficult to reach the right side byeline and cutting inside is the easy option.

I agree that cutting inside can cause the element of surprise but with Myrie it is actually more of a surprise when he goes wide.

Lets be honest Stevenage and Colchester would never have unloaded if JMW and Vincent were anything special.

I'm not knocking Myrie in particular as he can be dangerous at time especially if the full back is slow.

Damn those idiots Vincent and JMW!

I don't see how anyone can have anything against either of these guys when they have contributed c.15 goals and we are top of the league! I would say they are doing their job just fine.

Archived