4 or 5 more signings

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defence isnt bad just needs experience, a lot go on about pacey but we havent conceeded many due to pace, the Gillingham one i recall but Findley is like a bullet. Experience will count a lot so Purse will be useful, pace at right and left back is more useful!

Advert:

i was rightly correctd abt a pacey center half.not many abt.n dnt always need one.just a leader n have good ability to read the game.aspo n glover wernt blessed with pace??

in prem dnt see many c/h with pace.terry,vidic??..both leaders n read the game well.

so my point is..purse sounds like the leader type.n got high level experience. defendin free kicks would b good for a start.n limiting crosses into our box.

Advert:

I think Adams will bring in players, that will give him an additional tactical system to play on the field. I think he will like to play a deep holding midfield. fullbacks crossing early against Pope, and the wingers cutting in on the headers. Then we will play wery fast attacking fotball, and don't have to send to many players in attack. Defence standing deep not leaving to mutch space so positioning adds up for pace. I think that is the way he like to play, but havent quite had the players.

I would like to see someone in midfield with the same sort of experience as Purse. If we could get him on loan at least for a month I would go for Richie Wellens at Leicester. He has returned to his parent club (I believe) after being on loan at Ipswich.

Advert:

The Port Vale site writes that Mickey expects to bring in 4 or 5 more signings.

Any body getting excited? :yes:

Not really in fact quite the opposite - I thought we had seen the last of "bottom of the barrell" recruits when V2001 were removed, it appears I am wrong, our new alledged minted owners are following the same strategy , we should be doing better imho the last 3 are not whats required to improve the quality of this squad. Chivers, Birchall , Purse are not even div2 standard - and Adams making comments like Gills and Fleetwood have greater budgets than us is frankly alarming.

We need to follow the Crewe managers approach and get fringe players off Prem league Clubs not job seekers.

Archived