onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are officials against the Vale due to MA's Comments

PVFC764

Are the officials now holding a grudge against MA's for his comments. Before the slagging, I fully agree with what MA's said. They have been poor due to being out of position and not keeping up with the pace of the game. They are inconsistent with their decisions, but the last couple of games have seen an increase in decisions being given to opponents and not us for the same crime.

Last night 2 occassions where our players were through and about to go 1 on 1 with the goalie they were taken out. Nothing from the ref. A high tackle and nothing. Morsy was stupid and should have gone, so no problem with that at all.

Advert

I don't think MA goes far enough with his criticism.

This has to change.

It's an absolute joke that the media and the FA are obsessed with a goal line technology merry go round when you just have to look a few PROFESSIONAL leagues down to find that consistantly the results of games are determined by the officials.

The worst part is that you just can't do anything. It's a double whammy of getting ****ed over in a match and then the FA then either punishing your manager for speaking out, or your team being decimated by injuries and suspensions.

If Woolmer had sent off McIntyre for his tackles on Williams & Vincent the game would have been all over and Sam would not have needed to make that tackle, Vale should show the replay to the FL of Kennedy looking up to see where Woolmer was before doing his oscar performance and take action against him Too, :mad:

Are the officials now holding a grudge against MA's for his comments. Before the slagging, I fully agree with what MA's said. They have been poor due to being out of position and not keeping up with the pace of the game. They are inconsistent with their decisions, but the last couple of games have seen an increase in decisions being given to opponents and not us for the same crime.

Last night 2 occassions where our players were through and about to go 1 on 1 with the goalie they were taken out. Nothing from the ref. A high tackle and nothing. Morsy was stupid and should have gone, so no problem with that at all.

Its time the FA/FL took note of managers(Prem/FL) concerns on officals, MA has got it spot

on his assessment and its spoiling the game for players and fans with inept performances

and at times it makes you feel like not bothering to turn up for games to witness Sunday

morning football decisions in the pro game.

And not only that we are paying good admission prices to witness it:mad:

Having had experiences with referee's in the past and having done the job myself like any human being they remember things.

Take the Morsy incident you can guarantee that referee saw the challenge he got away with against Oxford and wether it was a sending of or not last night as soon as it happened the Oxford incident probably influenced his decision. That will also be true of the players reaction and the badgering of the referee.

I used to ensure I also shook the refs hand at the end of a match and say well done wether he had a good match or not. I soon realised telling him he was poor at the end of the match would make me a marked man the next time he ref'd. I suspect MA would do the same on most occasions a lot is about mind games. No doubt we've all seen players befriend referees to get decisions Bryan Robson was a master at it.

Let's take the conspiracy theory a bit further and say that Woolmer is a Northampton fan and is still annoyed that one of their best players will miss the rest of the season after having his leg broken against the Vale. This is his way of getting his own back.

The real truth is that the referees are not shown up by the FA when one of their own has a shocking game. If there was more clarity from the FA then the officials would have to be more consistent for fear of being called to account.

No, but stupid comments like Micky made don't have lead people to think that way, very slippery slope as I said at the time.

Anyone who doesn't think Morsy should have gone was clearly visually impaired but the treatment handed out to our wingers and the lack of advantage played by the referee late on for JMW were nothing short of diabolical.

I didn't go last night(sounds like I missed another top notch official!:rolleyes:) but the games I've seen the standard has been appaling as a general rule. I actually thought the bloke a FGR on saturday reffed the game well and I think it was Keith Stroud on TV against Oxford did pretty well. The refs against Rotherham and Fleetwood didn't have a great deal of influence either but we played so well and were that rampant in those games it didn't matter.

Aside from that they have been dire in the games I've seen(Bradford away, Wycombe, Northampton spring to mind as 3 dire ones and obviously last nights official is running them close).

In the defence of referees I don't think the rules help when they make some decisions, which are open to interpretation which then causes controversy. However far too many refs think they are the most important person on the pitch imo and act like little Hitlers when a little common sense would go a long way!

I'd agree jeffers there is no common sense in some of the modern day rules. I've never agreed with the amount of the sendings off that happen in football today, unless someone is blatently and maliciously fouling the opposition or flattens someone(ie violent conduct).

Football has a lot to learn from other sports like Rugby or Hockey in this case, as I said before I wasn't there last night and haven't seen Morsy's foul but for me for incidents like that and McCombe's at Northampton a sinbinning of 10-15 minutes would surfice imo!

Look at the one in the Dorchester Plymouth match on Sunday, no common sense whatsoever and one team is a man down 10 minutes into the match thus completely spoiling it as a contest.

Not seen any of the game last night but we have L2 standard players and so we have L2 standard officials..you should try wtaching rugby union outside of the top division..it's not like the Aviva at all levels :)

As to the Dorchester game..it was the Plymouth player who should have used his common sense..if he had done so he would not have got a second yellow

We have had players sent off in the last two games. That isn't the problem.

The problem is that instead of just sending the players off and letting that be the end of it, the referees concerned have somehow spent the rest of the game punishing us and trying to guide the outcome of the game in favour of the opposition instead of weighing up each individual decision on their merits.

Archived