onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup replays scrapped

3 minutes ago, robf said:

But regardless of the merits or not, is it right that the Premier League (and its money) should decide that? It's like when they got involved in the Football League Trophy - a competition that by its very title was exclusively for Football League clubs to take part in.

It may be right to have a debate as to whether replays should stay or go (I'd prefer them to stay) by the clubs who could lose out financially. 

However, what isn't right is a bigger and richer organisation throwing a load of cash on the table and asking the FA to change rounds of a competition that don't even involve Premier League clubs.

Oh i agree Rob, hence why i am in two minds. Every club involved in the fa cup including the non league clubs should have had a say in the decision to scrap the replays. We should not be dictated to by the top clubs. 

Advert

Should all Premier League teams get a two goal head start against lower league teams to ensure more bigger teams get into the latter rounds to improve viewing figures around the world? Also upsets against lower league teams will make Premier League teams look weak, which will only harm the image of the Premier League  

Maybe do it on a sliding scale while they’re at it, so teams higher up the league get a bigger head start.

Pricks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Disgraceful. Their greed knows no bounds. EFL clubs should boycott all loans from Premier League clubs so they're all stuck with massive squads of players who can't play games. 
That's a good idea the EFL should dig back, the greed is good league owned by foreign billionaire's and states are wrecking our national game, stuff em.......bustards

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim vlf said:

bast***s at the FA  useless 

It was the FA which originally sold football’s soul by setting up the Premiership, throwing away more than a century of English League football tradition and ensuring that, from then on, 90% of the money generated by English professional football would go into the coffers of a few rich clubs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

Should all Premier League teams get a two goal head start against lower league teams to ensure more bigger teams get into the latter rounds to improve viewing figures around the world? Also upsets against lower league teams will make Premier League teams look weak, which will only harm the image of the Premier League  

Maybe do it on a sliding scale while they’re at it, so teams higher up the league get a bigger head start.

Pricks

Well said. Pricks is right. Greedy bastards . 

Angry statements from Peterborough, Tranmere, Accrington, Exeter, Grimsby, Crawley, York, Chester, Eastleigh, Dorking and Farnborough so far, + Millwall’s manager criticising it in interview. Also seen one non-league club say they won’t enter the cup next season. 

We’ve got to get on this tomorrow surely?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, robf said:

I've just been reflecting on how so many of my greatest memories as a Vale fan have involved cup replays.

The FA Cup giantkillings over Southampton, Derby County and Everton were all achieved via a replay. The 1988 cup run involved two replays while the 1998 penalty shootout loss to Arsenal was also the result of a replay.

Further back and before my time, the famous run to the semi-final in 1954 also involved a replay win in the early stages. 

:upthevale:

Don’t forget the Stoke replay. We would never have seen the stuck in mud effort from Stoke had it not been for replays.

• Like 1

A round-up of reaction here - 

There's also a number of petitions doing the rounds, this seems the most popular and therefore the most likely to have an impact:

I have an alternative suggestion (tongue in cheek). I think the rest of the pyramid should solve the Premier League's own fixture congestion by booting them out of the FA Cup, League Cup and removing their B sides out of the Football League Trophy. It will be a helpful way of reducing the appalling fixture congestion that they suffer during the season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Angry statements from Peterborough, Tranmere, Accrington, Exeter, Grimsby, Crawley, York, Chester, Eastleigh, Dorking and Farnborough so far, + Millwall’s manager criticising it in interview. Also seen one non-league club say they won’t enter the cup next season. 
We’ve got to get on this tomorrow surely?
Be very disappointed in Port Vale if they don't........

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app