onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

I am not sure what year it was, I remember though travelling down to your place for a match where we needed something to have any chance of avoiding relegation. A defeat though and that was that.

We brought a decent following in the circumstances, about 1,500 I think and got beat 5 - 1. Relegated!.

I am sure some of you will remember this.

Advert

9 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

Just to bring you up to speed on Wanderers, we should be pretty much at full strength after resting a few with knocks against Shrewsbury. For whatever reason that led to a dreadful performance but not just by the players who came in, the whole team just flopped and in the end we were lucky to get a point. Santos is the only doubt and if he’s still missing I suspect you’ll get a chance to see Will Forrester again who apart from Tuesday has been tremendous. I’m really surprised and disappointed that Vale are where they are I expected much better from you but obviously things haven’t turned out well and sadly since Saturday is a major must win game for us I’d be surprised if we don’t really go for it, including goals to have even a chance of overtaking Derby. Still you never know footballs a funny game but whatever happens I wish you well next season wherever you are. If it is L2 I think after a clear out and recruitment summer DM should have a much better chance of turning you around.

Thanks for that post , that's really helped put me into a positive frame of mind for sat now 😬👍

This season we lost 7 nil away at Barnsley and we're going lose this game 6 or 7 nil. Next season we will be back to our annual 5 or 6 nil thrashing at Swindon. I honestly think in 12 months time if we have finished 3rd from bottom in league 2 with this set of players we will have done well. Unfortunately most of them are under contract so it's either pay them up or freeze them out and don't play them and obviously if you do that you are basically paying wages to players you don't want. I can't see many of these waste of space players getting football league clubs. Who is going want Wilson when he's injured half the season and only scores 4 a season. Who is going want uche or loft who have played about 30 games each in all competitions and scored 2 goals. Who is going want Dan Jones injured half a season in all 3 seasons at the club and even though sometimes he does have good games he makes alot of mistakes and gives loads of penalties away. The only players that will attract clubs attention are the ones we want keep that are garrity,chislett,Di pepa and maybe Ripley.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Thanks for that post , that's really helped put me into a positive frame of mind for sat now 😬👍

Sorry about that Nippy, I know you’ve had it tough but as I said anything can happen at this stage of the season. We’ve effectively thrown away the automatics and will now have to make do with the play offs but after a terrific first half of the season where we had points on the board and games in hand, since January we’ve been awful and not just because of injuries, in fact had we had an equivalent first half we’d be nearer the bottom than the top. If your players have any character at all they’ll play like the Shrews did on Tuesday when to be honest we were lucky to get a point. I’ve been in your situation, worse in fact a few years ago when we nearly went pop so I can understand your frustration.  Actually thought you’d do well this season but clearly that hasn’t happened but it isn’t over until the fat lady sings so if your guys put some fight in it on Saturday we are more than beatable, though I do hope we’re not. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If the club have to keep the contrated players and not kick a ball  could they be put  to other use like learning building skills to building the new gym, railway toilet block, finnish the lorne street stand as the club is already paying their wages carol would only have to get matrails in and someone to show them how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, rsb said:

If the club have to keep the contrated players and not kick a ball  could they be put  to other use like learning building skills to building the new gym, railway toilet block, finnish the lorne street stand as the club is already paying their wages carol would only have to get matrails in and someone to show them how to do it.

Would you trust this lot to build a wall? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/04/2024 at 11:43, valiant_593 said:

Is that plant and Walters at centre back? Christ that 11 reminds of someone else that used to post on here. 

I've seen at least three posters with similar lineups on here before!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Well they did start the rot at the start of the season, so only right they finish it off.

Just can't get interested in this match or the squad anymore.  Just want the season finished as we know were relegated.

Next season with the loss of Ifollow - even as bad as it was, you could get and listen to the match most of the time, so that is another kick in the .  With Sky taking over, we wont be able to listen to the game now either.  Well done EFL for selling out and not thinking about the fans.

Sure it said there would still be audio commentary on another service; with Sky doing the video?

Unless I mis-read

13 minutes ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

Sure it said there would still be audio commentary on another service; with Sky doing the video?

Unless I mis-read

The audio stream isn’t going anywhere 👍🏻 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Well they did start the rot at the start of the season, so only right they finish it off.

Just can't get interested in this match or the squad anymore.  Just want the season finished as we know were relegated.

Next season with the loss of Ifollow - even as bad as it was, you could get and listen to the match most of the time, so that is another kick in the .  With Sky taking over, we wont be able to listen to the game now either.  Well done EFL for selling out and not thinking about the fans.

The audio service isn’t ending 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It's an inevitability. 

Other teams seem to of had gritty gutsy efforts even if fallen short.

Other than beating 9 man Oxford have we once exceeded hopes with a real gutsy performance? I can't think of one.

Of all teams to send us down Bolton. A team I can't abide. Really fear a pasting which would be quite fitting. 

Knowing us though it'll be 1-0 with no attempts on goal.

We're like a rotting carcass washed up on the beach. 

Roll on 16.50 tomorrow when it's all over. 

sadly I agree but I will be there next season in the hope we can rebuild the team and work towards staying in league two and look towards coming back

• Like 1