onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Shanahan.

What the fuckinghell is going on here? Genuine fans are on here posting that Carol "owes" them this and that, whilst trolls are signing up pretending to be Smurthwaite and Carol and talking actual sense.

As if Norman would give a toss about Carol and her well being. He's no doubt having a good laugh at our decline and would gleefully tell both her and us "I told you so". The whole season has been a circus and there has been a lot for Smurf, Burge, McKirdy and other clowns to laugh about. But Flitcroft is gone, Smurthwaite is long, long gone, and we can be successful again in League Two as long as we (owners, staff, fans) don't completely lose our <ovf censored> and instead make sensible decisions, have reasonable expectations and rebuild sensibly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Advert

2 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Perhaps dial down the sense of entitlement a good few notches, eh?

=====

I've poured in most of the last 5 years of my life to rescuing and rebuilding our club.

I've put into the club in the region of £10 million of our own money, most of which I know I'll never see again.

I'm busily rebuilding every part of the club, notably the ever-improving Football Academy.

I'm bringing new employment to an area which desperately needs it.

I've reached out to make Port Vale a major source of social good addressing the deprivations in our home area.

And, to put right the genuine failings on the football field, I have dismissed the Director of Football that the fans blamed for the failings and I have now appointed at very substantial cost a top-class football management staff that I believe really can, over time, bring our club great success.

I'm so sorry, Mr Spunk Trumpet, how will you ever bring yourself to forgive me?

=====

She's a real hero! 

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2024 at 20:54, gavcradd said:

Agree to an extent. Carol's got the club at heart and is a brilliant owner in terms of intentions. We'll always have a club with her at the helm.

But. But. She's seriously neglected the first team at the expense of everything else and has swallowed too much of everyone else's bull. A season back in League Two might actually help her/us refocus on what the main priority actually is. How many Vale fans would swap the big screen and fancy restaurant for 10 more points this season? Virtually everyone I'd imagine. 

If we aren’t careful, that ‘season’ back in L2 will be the one before we drop out of the league. This side isn’t even fit for L2.

4 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I believe she really could be Smurthwaite in a white wig.

Just my humble opinion.

Mate, you’ve posted at least 6 times in the last hour about Carol, and probably 20+ times in the last day. We get your point but it’s getting a tad obsessive and it might be worth closing OVF for a bit.

• Like 7

Just had a look on Twitter for posts towards Carol and there is a lot of stick aimed her way.

Nothing personal or abusive, but a lot of anger.

A lot of people calling for her to sell which I REALLY disagree with.

She's made some pretty obvious mistakes and hasn't helped herself with some of the quotes she's made - "phenomenal players", "coaches wives say we'll stay up", "appointing Dave Flitcroft wasn't a mistake" etc but fans need to be careful what they wish for in calling for her to sell.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Anyone can put SMURF as a name. It’s probably not him. 

It isn’t Smurf. The idea he’d write a post concerned with anyone else but himself is just impossible. 

If it was him and he wants to show concern, how about joining forces with Carol and stick his money in if he wants to show support. Go from villian to hero.