onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan (A) match thread - 6th April

14 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Can't discriminate against age... Equality act 2010!!

And nobody is. Pointing out that an inexperienced player has been picked ahead of an experienced one has nowt to do with discrimination.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Advert

2 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It was a joke! 

Thanks.

Admin note: it always helps to use smileys/emojis on jokes. With a forum reliant just on words it's difficult to tell sometimes. With this forum you can't see if someone is smiling when they say something or being serious unless you use the symbols!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robf said:

Thanks.

Admin note: it always helps to use smileys/emojis on jokes. With a forum reliant just on words it's difficult to tell sometimes. With this forum you can't see if someone is smiling when they say something or being serious unless you use the symbols!

Point taken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC Radio Stoke saying the formation could be:

Ripley - Sang, Smith, Iacovitti - Plant, Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Shorrock - Massey, Loft

I think this again shows the inbalance of the squad and the poor recruitment in that Sang and Massey are both playing out of position in that formation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Sang will be rwb 💯 he’s never been played further up even tho we can all see he’s useless at the back 

They are both useless at the back, as we all know, just wondered if DM had watched the northampton game back and realised that sang was at fault for both goals but my gut does say sang and plant as full backs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Ripley - Sang, Smith, Iacovitti - Plant, Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Shorrock - Massey, Loft

I think this again shows the inbalance of the squad and the poor recruitment in that Sang and Massey are both playing out of position in that formation. 

Phil Bowers said he had heard its reverting to a back 3 today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robf said:

Good grief 🫣

1 minute ago, robf said:

Thanks to fraudcroft and his mad big plans on recruitment, how he wanted to the team to play, not wanting to pay a little extra for better players and so they went to other clubs (eg strikers), has caused this - players being played out of their best positions and to be honest relegation at the end of the season.

Now watch this team win comfortably today and take 3 points easily.

Hoping no matter what div we are in DM will be given the go ahead to clear out the squad and get players in that are capable to getting Vale back up if we go down.  Not going to be easy getting out of Div 2 on the first ask.  If we are in Div 1, then we consolidate the team and then the season after push for playoffs.  

• Like 1

This conversation sums up the whole recruitment shambles for me.  Vale fans don't know from week to week how we might line up, who will play where, who is in the squad one week and who is nowhere to be seen even if they are not injured the next week, who is playing out of position etc.  The fans should normally be able to look at the team selected and know EXACTLY how we are likely to play in terms of formation and players positions, but every week, sometimes even after kick off, fans are left speculating on what might be going on out there on the pitch.  Wing back or midfield, striker or winger, left sided defender in a three or central defender in a four - I know teams can shuffle things a bit to adjust to the oppo, but we are left guessing before every game.  

And I wouldn't mind if that was a Mourinho style tactical master stroke - but it never is....  It's just the result of us having a shambolic, unbalanced, injury prone squad who don't know from week to week whether or where they will be playing.  

Massive respect for the 1400 travelling fans - I hope they get to see us turn up and fight.

Edited by Lornelounger
  • Like 6