onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

4 minutes ago, robf said:

Rather than a lot of cash upfront - would they accept a player plus cash deal for him?

We've certainly got a fair few we'd be happy to get rid of!

I'm not sure if Garrity would drop down to the National League😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I like your thinking Rob! Not sure Loft would knock much off the asking price in current form though😁

Even if we end up paying the full amount can we throw in some of our players anyhow... :whistling:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Out of contract, so we offered a better signing on fee, pay or a longer contract?

I would imagine that’s why we offered him 3 years, at his age that’s security for him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doha said:

Wonder if DC is still on good terms with Crosby after the sacking here and AC may end up at Barnsley as assistant?

Not sure Barnsley fans would be too happy with that given the tripe we churned out first game of the season 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Osh said:

BUT, deals can be done on something like that...??  £3-400k now, another £200 if he makes "X" appearances or scores "Y" goals - plus a sell-on clause if we sold him to a club in the Championship/Prem...??

Nobody in league 2 is going to pay 650k for a 27 year old with one league goal. Either the fee is a lot less, or York aren't selling. He was only joint 15th highest scorer in the national league last season. It's also pure speculation that he cost 300k, the only thing York said was that they expected the deal to exceed their record transfer fee; 140k. 

Bottom line this window there are some good top end League one strikers available who would want 5 - 6k a week. That's less than 650k if spread over a 2 year contract. Someone like Stephen Humphrys is the same age, has a record of scoring goals and would cost less then 650k over a 2 year contract.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure Barnsley fans would be too happy with that given the tripe we churned out first game of the season 

Martin Devaney is assistant coach already in situ.

45 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

650k was being banded about yesterday I think?  I wouldn't be surprised if Vale made an enquiry reading between the lines and have politely been told to get stuffed and/or York's valuation of him is a bit ridiculous/more than we want to pay.  That said I don't blame them he's probably their best player and scored the goals that basically kept them up, you can't put a price on that from York's point of view.

I would love us to take a punt on a non league striker but i will say that i am sure 650k would get you a decent league 2 striker(possibly even a league 1 striker)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Osh said:

Always strikes me as funny that we're all too willing to say things like this but, when we think about Garrety or Chissie leaving if someone came in for him/them - well, we'll only get £3-400k for him.

Also, if Bailey does get bought for squilions, will that give us the budget to shell out on a player like this...??

I'd love someone like that to come to Vale Park, not only to score (hopefully) a bg full of goals, but excite the crowd with that sort of arrogant attitude.  Can see him running on to a cross from Curtis, smashing it in the net at the Hamil and running straight over to the Railway paddock for the adoration! 😍

Right - lets put the gin back in the freezer...

I think it was mentioned not that long ago by Carol that the whole board had agreed that any transfer fees that came in then the majority would go into the budget

33 minutes ago, robf said:

Rather than a lot of cash upfront - would they accept a player plus cash deal for him?

We've certainly got a fair few we'd be happy to get rid of!

They’ll want more than 650k if we offer players plus cash!