onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

What would you be happy to take for him mate? 

I’d be happy with us getting around the million mark. His first season in league 1 was a bit of a disappointment stats wise so could put some off paying more. I think he’s out of contract in 2025 as well so will restrict what we can get. I’d be happy for us to get 750-1m and I don’t think that’s too unrealistic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

5 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Gone of the days where you had a good scouting network and you could sign a player for £5,000. Any decent player In those leagues now are £300,000 - £500,000. There are some very good players knocking about the national north. I’d like see us take a chance on one of these under Darren Moore. Boston have a lad called Jimmy Knowles who I’ve been told is certainly worth another shot at league football. 

I mentioned Jimmy Knowles on another post - great shout!

22 year old. 6'0. 19 goals last season in NLN.

He's the kind of player someone like Accrington would sign, then sell for £400,000 a couple of years later.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Their average crowd over their existence is 9376 compared to Vale's 7166 so I was just a bit confused why you seem to be fawning over them like we're standing in the way of Garrity playing away in Europe next season.

Peterborough sold a CM to Ipswich last season for £1.75m, who take away his non league goals has scored fewer in his career than Garrity.

I'm not at all saying that's what I'd expect for BG but I feel like some are dramatically selling ourselves short over the real market value of our assets.

🙄 I was just stating they are a bigger club. They’ve played in the premier league & realistically should be playing championship football. For Garrity it would be step up obviously, I’m just curious to what you would value him at & take for him??

10 minutes ago, jeffers said:

As I said £2 million. If it’s true that York want £600k for an unproven striker, what is a proven goal scoring midfielder worth?

I was asking valiant I saw your 2 mil post mate 👍🏻 

34 minutes ago, MBE said:

Garrity doesn’t strike me as the type of lad who would cause a problem if he didn’t get a move. It’s not a concern with him as it would be for other players but if Dipo is touted at 300k, how much is a 15-20 L1 goal scoring midfielder worth?

I wouldn’t accept anything less than 1m for him.

That's made me laugh.

A million quid for a player that's only got 12 months left on his contract.

Plus, if a Barnsley did come in for him, he will 100% do everything he can to make it happen.

That's not having a go at Ben by the way, that's just the harsh reality 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Doha said:

It's L1 Barnsley not Bayern.

" if they offer decent money it’s a no brainer" It really isn't, because then we have to try to replace a decent player. With the <ovf censored> state of our recruitment over the last 3 windows directly causing relegation, our track record in the area requires improvement to bring the average back up.

He's scored 22 league goals from midfield so "decent" money would have to be hefty, too.

And how much wages do you think Barnsley can offer Garrity compared to Port Vale?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d be happy with us getting around the million mark. His first season in league 1 was a bit of a disappointment stats wise so could put some off paying more. I think he’s out of contract in 2025 as well so will restrict what we can get. I’d be happy for us to get 750-1m and I don’t think that’s too unrealistic 

That’s where I’m at. Would take 750k. 1 million would be very appealing for the club. I love Ben but I don’t think he’s worth more than a million pounds myself  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s where I’m at. Would take 750k. 1 million would be very appealing for the club. I love Ben but I don’t think he’s worth more than a million pounds myself  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

🙄 I was just stating they are a bigger club. They’ve played in the premier league & realistically should be playing championship football. For Garrity it would be step up obviously, I’m just curious to what you would value him at & take for him??

If you listen to Ben on his interview he’s happily , any case this all because D.C. hs gone to Barnsley there is nothing in it yet . I suppose if you speculate enough your going to get it right some time 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s where I’m at. Would take 750k. 1 million would be very appealing for the club. I love Ben but I don’t think he’s worth more than a million pounds myself. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

👍🏻 

Edited by Vtid

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Grimsby have played 12 times as many seasons in the premier league as Barnsley have.

30 goals in the cups and EFL from midfield, 27 year old, it's got to be more towards the £1m area.

2 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

If you listen to Ben on his interview he’s happily , any case this all because D.C. hs gone to Barnsley there is nothing in it yet . I suppose if you speculate enough your going to get it right some time 

He's not going to say in an interview, I fooking hate here and can not wait to get a move in the summer is he?