onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

56 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

As of right now, without again coming or goings, this would surely be at least a play-off chasing side in League Two.

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

It's a big if, but if we can keep Chislett, Garrity and Ojo I don't think there would be many better players in League Two. Add a goal-scorer to that side and a decent centre-back and you're laughing.

That side wouldn’t get close to top 7 for me, there is no pace or width in midfield, no proven goal scorer, no tacking ball winning midfielder, no height in defence and not enough proven leaders/winners.

• Like 5

Advert

10 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

We playing 3 strikers then? I’m sorry but a striker, in fact a footballer shouldn’t be missing chances like on Saturday. 

Not sure what be careful what you wish for is suggesting. We’ve just been relegated with possibly the worst vale side I have ever seen. Some of these muppets aren’t league 2 players. 

If we have 4 strikers on the books, explain to me the types of strikers you would have. I bet a big number 9 would be amongst them. If so, give me a list of league 2 number 9s who would do a better job than uche.

Edited by Stockleys_socks

12 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

If we have 4 strikers on the books, explain to me the types of strikers you would have. I bet a big number 9 would be amongst them. If so, give me a list of league 2 number 9s who would do a better job than uche.

Every striker that wore the number 9 shirt in league 2 last season 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

As of right now, without again coming or goings, this would surely be at least a play-off chasing side in League Two.

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

It's a big if, but if we can keep Chislett, Garrity and Ojo I don't think there would be many better players in League Two. Add a goal-scorer to that side and a decent centre-back and you're laughing.

You have left out Arblaster 😂😂

1 hour ago, valerule4ever said:

That side wouldn’t get close to top 7 for me, there is no pace or width in midfield, no proven goal scorer, no tacking ball winning midfielder, no height in defence and not enough proven leaders/winners.

And do you think League Two sides will have all bases covered?

33 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Matt Smith for one 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

To be honest I don’t no league 2 strikers. I do no Smith has been released from Salford and scores a hell of a lot more than Uche. If we can’t manage to sign a striker better than Uche then we might as well shut the doors. If Uche stays he will be on good money, he will be our main man. We can’t afford him when his return this season was 1 goal and assist in 19 games. I’m more than certain we could find a target man who can produce better numbers than that. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

And do you think League Two sides will have all bases covered?

To get in the top 7 you probably have to score over 70 goals and around 85 in the top 3, whilst not conceding more than 50-65 there is no way that team would achieve both of them in my opinion. Remember also these players now have a losing mentality that will probably take some time to get out of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Matt Smith at Salford. 24 goals this season and now a free agent. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

I’d say that’s a relegation chasing side 

• Like 5