onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

I just wonder whether Moore thinks that Uche might be a point of difference as a 4th choice striker? He's going to be up against poorer defenders who might struggle with his physicality and a good option to throw on if needed. If he had any ability at all with the ball he'd be a hell of a player. I also worry that his fitness levels as a professional athlete are pathetic. He's blowing out of his arse after 45 minutes.

I can see some sense in keeping him though, so long as he gets an absolute beasting in pre season and Lee Bradbury (a good striker in his day) gets to work on his decision making and using his attributes to the best way.

• Like 1

Advert

19 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

We really do have some absolute brain dead morons as fans, particularly on social media. Saying things like 'so we're going with the same squad? That's me not getting a season ticket '. Clearly this list is as it stands today, with the possible exception of keeping Uche as a 4th striker. Negotiations will be going on behind the scenes to offload some of the contracted players or come to a settlement to offload those who have no real future. We'll also obviously bring in fresh faces. So that list will change a lot by the time August comes around. Some people really do lack critical thinking skills.

I'm actually quite upbeat. We didn't get blown away too many times by the best sides in league 1. Narrow defeat to Portsmouth, Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley and Derby at home, plus draws with Lincoln, Stevenage and a win at Oxford. There are halves of football where we've looked quite good. We just had a very soft underbelly, some players with a lack of real effort and a very poor forward line. 4 or 5 decent signings in the right places could make us into a competitive team at a lower level. This is a significant step down in terms of standard, as shown when we've played league 2 teams this season. People are rightly fearful that we're going to be rubbish again, but this is a level lower, where poor league 1 players will look better. Get rid of a few of the losers, bring in a couple of leaders and concentrate the bulk of the budget on 2 decent strikers and all of a sudden things look more positive.

3-0 at Fleetwood,Derby,Bristol,7 at Barnsley

20 league games where we didn't s ire

7/17 under Moore

This squad are serial losers in the league...26 home defeats in 2 seasons I think

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I just wonder whether Moore thinks that Uche might be a point of difference as a 4th choice striker? He's going to be up against poorer defenders who might struggle with his physicality and a good option to throw on if needed. If he had any ability at all with the ball he'd be a hell of a player. I also worry that his fitness levels as a professional athlete are pathetic. He's blowing out of his arse after 45 minutes.

I can see some sense in keeping him though, so long as he gets an absolute beasting in pre season and Lee Bradbury (a good striker in his day) gets to work on his decision making and using his attributes to the best way.

Uche is a completely unique player who has spent the last few years playing 30+ games a season in the Championship. He’ll never be prolific but he offers a physical profile we simply won’t find anywhere else.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Uche is a completely unique player who has spent the last few years playing 30+ games a season in the Championship. He’ll never be prolific but he offers a physical profile we simply won’t find anywhere else.

The statement on the official site when he signed said, "The 6ft 3in striker has put pen to paper on a deal that will see him remain at Vale Park until at least the summer of 2024."  That sounds like there might have been some sort of option at the end of the season???

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Think it's safe to say that by seeing fit to offer Uche a renewal, DM has not filled me full of confidence as to his recruitment plans. If he signs, that will be a striker who scored one goal last season, and a left back who was brought in by DM but didn't play in favour of a 16yo.

There might be more to the Uche deal than we actually know about,there could be a few reasons why we are talking to him but we do know that DM likes his physicality and obviously not his scoring record

12 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

There’s a good reason you won’t find a player like that anywhere else in professional football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The statement on the official site when he signed said, "The 6ft 3in striker has put pen to paper on a deal that will see him remain at Vale Park until at least the summer of 2024."  That sounds like there might have been some sort of option at the end of the season???

You can tell these things with how they word them,most say signed until the summer of 2025 but like you say when they say until at least then that sounds like there are options

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Powerline said:

No thanks, nice bloke but he’s crap and likely too expensive for a 2nd keeper.

Ended up 3rd choice at notts 🤣 get Aaron Davies in as back up I say. 

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Ended up 3rd choice at notts 🤣 get Aaron Davies in as back up I say. 

I dont think the young lad will be back up,I would think we will bring in a number 2 keeper who can challenge Ripley more for the number one spot

I’m not talking about the under contract players, something will be sorted with some of them at some point but to speak to the biggest unfit donkey to ever pull on a professional football shirt is scandalous 
I would tend to consider Vale's other main striker maybe closer to that description. And I don't mean Dipepa

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think the young lad will be back up,I would think we will bring in a number 2 keeper who can challenge Ripley more for the number one spot

Yeah he’s going to be loaned out if he signs you’d of thought. But if it’s going to be another Leutweiler or someone the age of David Seaman just to sit on the bench & play pizza games I’d be giving the young lad a run of games myself

24 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Uche was sh1t3 Saturday. Come to think of it..............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

Looking at the retained list definitely some good in there but also some bad. If we want to get out of league 2 we just need good players. We also need some good players on the bench. Gonna need a decent window. Not sure if Darren can do it on his own.

Some good talent. Chislet, garrity, all the youngsters, ojo if he feels like it

I think some of the players that were <ovf censored> in league 1 could perform in league 2. 

we need wingers/wingbacks, 2 good strikers, a solid centre back to help smith at the back.

I think we have a good midfield

Garrity,Chislet, ojo, Sang and grant if you play them in position. Sang and grant would probably be your 70 min subs. Maybe 20 min if Sang comes on for ojo when he doesn't feel like it.

That midfield along with our defence are too lightweight for L2 football.

Grant is scared of his own shadow never mind a tackle, he’s never going to cut it. 

We essentially need a new spine who are prepared to get stuck in and be physical.

• Like 2