onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Surely having a hand in Arblaster's success must put us in prime place to get some decent loans again from them. In fact 6 prem clubs by my count either owe us for assisting with the development of their talent responsibly, or to make amends for what we've put up with this season.

Not that I like the uncertainty of loan recalls, but 1 or 2 decent ones would be nice, plus in L2 there's less likelihood of a recall to push them up to the next level.

• Like 1

Advert

51 minutes ago, Warren said:

Career for Uche is 48 goals in 282 games. He has dried up abroad and at Port Vale where of course he arrived unfit and kept interchanging with Loft off the bench. But in 2022 he scored 3 in 13 for Cardiff, a team at Championship level. 

Pope has retired and can't come back. If we find another post war record goal scorer then great. I know many fans favour reincarnating Wilf Kirkham. 

Look at his recent record. Look at what he did last season. Look at the last game of the season. That miss, as posted on here already, you miss that regardless of the level. Get rid, I’m sure we can find a better striker with the wages he will want. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, markh said:

@Brian Johnsonim not saying Uche will score 20 goals a season. But he is different and if fit, well trained and wearing the shirt with pride he will give us an option most defenders will not relish playing against. #teamuche

For what benefit? 1 goal and 1 assist in 19 games. Defenders might not enjoy playing against him but he can’t score and Dosent set up goals. I don’t know why we can’t get rid of these <ovf censored> players and sign a striker that you know, scores goals 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

i work with a lad who is a big Macc fan and he says this lad is a good pickup up for Chesterfield

Is your mate a fan of the chicken version though? I’m not. 

20 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Sign of intent. 

I fancied them to go up again. That will affirm my belief. 

Seen more than one person say that about chesterfield on here. What’s giving people that impression about them? 

25 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Seen more than one person say that about chesterfield on here. What’s giving people that impression about them? 

A lot of teams have done it. Momentum. Feel good factor. Money. Not as big a gap between National League and league two as higher up the food chain. 

They are the bookies favourite which means nothing but I just think that they'll be automatic or top 7. 

If they can afford Madden ( if he signs ) then they've definitely got coin. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

A lot of teams have done it. Momentum. Feel good factor. Money. Not as big a gap between National League and league two as higher up the food chain. 

They are the bookies favourite which means nothing but I just think that they'll be automatic or top 7. 

If they can afford Madden ( if he signs ) then they've definitely got coin. 

Fair points. Certainly players like Madden are the type I think we need up front to get us out of the league. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

No he hasn't.

He's been primarily central.

image.png.07c6aca624604f8468a7ca71d756ba8c.png

As we've played him as attacking midfield 43 times he has played more games wide right and left (52) than anywhere else. He played as a central midfield player at Aldershot.  Wimbledon played him on the wing for his first 2 seasons. In the third they employed him more often centrally as a 10. Maybe nearly all was an exaggeration but certainly more of his league career has been as a winger prior to signing for us. 

2 hours ago, Warren said:

Career for Uche is 48 goals in 282 games. He has dried up abroad and at Port Vale where of course he arrived unfit and kept interchanging with Loft off the bench. But in 2022 he scored 3 in 13 for Cardiff, a team at Championship level. 

Pope has retired and can't come back. If we find another post war record goal scorer then great. I know many fans favour reincarnating Wilf Kirkham. 

bernie would be a option...

17 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Fair points. Certainly players like Madden are the type I think we need up front to get us out of the league. 

They have coin, no 2 ways about it and they have a manager that’s won many league titles managing different teams including 2 league titles with Chesterfield 

What's all this tosh about Uche?

He's not very good as a scorer.

Nothing is ever guaranteed regarding signing strikers BUT I would certainly be managing the risk of Vale not scoring goals by NOT re-signing UCHE. I would bring in someone who scores goals.

In its simplest terms, promoted sides score plenty of goals and don't concede too many. That was our problem last season. We got relegated.

Don't want another debacle!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

What's all this tosh about Uche?

He's not very good as a scorer.

Nothing is ever guaranteed regarding signing strikers BUT I would certainly be managing the risk of Vale not scoring goals by NOT re-signing UCHE. I would bring in someone who scores goals.

In its simplest terms, promoted sides score plenty of goals and don't concede too many. That was our problem last season. We got relegated.

Don't want another debacle!

True, The defence were just as poor tho. As it was mentioned a lot both boxes need sorting pronto 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Chesterfield always provide a good rivalry for Port Vale and it's a nice place with good shops, pubs and takeaways. Nice ground. I'm looking forward to seeing them. Sometimes clubs coming up from the unregulated National League can have a temporary financial advantage before they come formally within the auspices of the fair play rules and / or by overspending at the start and then peeling back in subsequent years. But they ain't got a sheik? Maybe not even a film star? Maybe a wise guy - no that always leads to ruin eventually. 

Edited by Warren