onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bristol Rovers (H) match thread - 29th March

robf

Advert

I still think we're more likely than not to go down but at least now it seems it would be guns blazing and we've given a lot of youngsters a lot of experience which has been good for the clubs reputation and attractiveness to potential players.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I haven't read all the thread yet so this may of been mentioned but to those on here who were saying that Dipepa should be sent on loan to Leek Town or Newcastle Town............ well i think he answered that himself yesterday...... that is all

I think we should enjoy him while we can. He'll be off to a bigger club come the summer.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I think we should enjoy him while we can. He'll be off to a bigger club come the summer.

Not sure about the summer tbh unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him that you cant refuse,the ball is firmly in our court with him having just over 2 years left on his deal(not sure if his contract included the option of a 3rd year as well),now if he starts next season and starts it well then who knows.

The one i fear could get sold in the summer would be Garrity,clubs cry out for a goal scoring midfielder and for me he has got everything you need from a midfielder

• Like 1

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Not sure about the summer tbh unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him that you cant refuse,the ball is firmly in our court with him having just over 2 years left on his deal(not sure if his contract included the option of a 3rd year as well),now if he starts next season and starts it well then who knows.

The one i fear could get sold in the summer would be Garrity,clubs cry out for a goal scoring midfielder and for me he has got everything you need from a midfielder

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Young players like BD are being snapped up sooner than they used to. But, yes, a goalscoring, tenacious midfielder like BG is on most club's shopping lists - let's hope for a bit of loyalty from him?

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He's become a regular at international age group level and scoring goal in men's football.  Based on how much Thierry Small cost Southampton I'd be surprised if a big club didn't come in with an offer around a million.  I think that would be hard to turn down. At the moment he's the hottest prospect in leagues 1 and 2.

Garrity will certainly leave if we go down. Lower end Championship clubs and the bigger league 1 clubs would be interested at somewhere around 500 - 750k. With 12 months on his contract I'm pretty sure we'd accept something around that figure. Chisslet will probably also leave if we go down.

26 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Young players like BD are being snapped up sooner than they used to. But, yes, a goalscoring, tenacious midfielder like BG is on most club's shopping lists - let's hope for a bit of loyalty from him?

There’s no loyalty in football from clubs, players, managers etc. I wouldn’t blame him if he moved if a good offer comes in for him. He’ll know full well that there would be no loyalty towards him from the club if the shoe was on the other foot and it was them that wanted him out. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

It could be like the old days when most of the team are local home grown players, we’ve already got Plant, Dipeppa, Walters, Shorrock that’s nearly half a team.

Yes, the Lisbon Lions of 67 all grew up within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park. All but one in a 10 mile radius. As you say the game has changed and will there be professional lower league teams in thirty years.? Even in the EPL, now that they’ve started taking action for FFP, the bigger teams will just get richer. Not sure where the game will be or whether money will cascade down to the lower leagues. I’d like DP to stay but if a big club comes in for him then he should go with a view to securing his own financial future.

16 minutes ago, JRC said:

He's become a regular at international age group level and scoring goal in men's football.  Based on how much Thierry Small cost Southampton I'd be surprised if a big club didn't come in with an offer around a million.  I think that would be hard to turn down. At the moment he's the hottest prospect in leagues 1 and 2.

Garrity will certainly leave if we go down. Lower end Championship clubs and the bigger league 1 clubs would be interested at somewhere around 500 - 750k. With 12 months on his contract I'm pretty sure we'd accept something around that figure. Chisslet will probably also leave if we go down.

Only guessing here of course but I agree that a Garrity fee would/should be around the 750k mark and like you Dipepa when he does go(which he will) will be 1m+ with future add ons maybe more,i also think we have sell ons with the 2 young lads who went Newcastle and Villa as well as the lad at Man City,so the club COULD be in line for some decent money over the coming years,Carol also stated that all of the board had agreed that any transfer money the majority would/should go back into the team

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

Yes, the Lisbon Lions of 67 all grew up within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park. All but one in a 10 mile radius. As you say the game has changed and will there be professional lower league teams in thirty years.? Even if the EPL, have now started taking action for FFP, the bigger teams will just get richer. Not sure where the game will be or whether money will cascade down to the lower leagues.

I’d like DP to stay but if a bigger club comes in for him then he should go with a view to securing his own financial future.