onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

1 minute ago, Osh said:

One thing's for sure, there's one thing less for the players to hide behind. 

Some of them need to a good long, hard look at themselves. They're professional athletes being paid for by us and Carol and simply haven't played well enough or given enough. 

Even as Happy Clapper In Chief I can't see how we turn this round. Hope the team prove me wrong. 

UTB

I think it's too late Osh. Humongous task.

However a bit of fight and a couple of wins would get fans back on board.

Ultimately though I personally don't expect this sad bunch to win again this season. 

I'll look forward to August in hope. 

• Like 3

Advert

Sounds like DM brought his own team with him so let them bring in the right sort of players. They will stand and fall by the incoming players so it's only right they choose them. Interesting to see what happens to the large number who are still under contract.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Carol has the best interests of Port Vale at heart, and I believe Flitcroft did too, even if they have both failed this year.

Thanks for the promotion Flitcroft but it was time to go.

New chief scout needed now

Flitcroft was in it for himself, narcissist !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stamfordvale said:

There's more to come, all is not well in the kingdom of PVFC Ltd, the storm ain't over yet.

Come on now. No leaving <ovf censored> on the shelf. Spill the beans. 

• Like 1

It's one step forward regards the summer.

He had to go, and I'm glad he has.

I don't see how DF could've headed up the recruitment after three straight failed windows. 

As with players, depends who comes in now.

We've certainly got to turf some out first.

• Like 3

Thanks to David Flitcroft for his part in steering us to promotion and building the structure of the club from where it was.  Beyond that we don’t as yet know if he walked or was pushed.  If he walked fair play to the guy for taking that decision, if not, Carol deserves our thanks for making what would’ve been a tough choice.

I’d certainly stick with the DoF model but the manager should always pick which players are to be recruited, the DoF can look after everything else outside of the first team.

40 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Right decision of course, but I bet he has been paid off and what next? I personally think ultimately we need to spend much more on the squad for a decent go at league 1. Can’t see that happening. 

😂 

You got what u wanted and still u find faults with it 

Well at last someone has paid for the mess we in .

He was making the money with the sales of the young kids though .

I said the players were hiding behind Flitcroft no hiding place now .

Changes very little for  me same players 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

She’s listened to the fans. Good news. 

I'm not entirely sure she has. I reckon he's been wanting to call it a day for about a month now but she's backed him & asked him to stay on & see it through. He's finally made the decision for her & they've agreed to call it "mutual". Either way he's gone. Let's see what happens next.

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm not entirely sure she has. I reckon he's been wanting to call it a day for about a month now but she's backed him & asked him to stay on & see it through. He's finally made the decision for her & they've agreed to call it "mutual". Either way he's gone. Let's see what happens next.

Not sure about that, he only recently went from reportedly being part time to full time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, man in the pub said:

Sounds like DM brought his own team with him so let them bring in the right sort of players. They will stand and fall by the incoming players so it's only right they choose them. Interesting to see what happens to the large number who are still under contract.

MITP, I’d try to get as many out on loan as possible, with a view to easing the strain on the wage bill. We’ll have quite a big rebuilding job at the end of next season because of this seasons form and wanting to get back into L1, they’re not good enough 

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 2