onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Apathy.

Advert

I think Carol needs to stop thinking that football is a mysterious business, which needs to be explained to her by some self proclaimed guru.

She is a successful business person, and she must use her business head to look at the issues objectively. 

In business terms, the product is not fit for purpose, and needs a complete overhaul.

The customers are loyal, but losing faith. (I was astounded by the loyalty shown yesterday, viz the pre match positivity, when put in the context of the ‘customer experience’ since 29th December)

She then has to review the performance of all her key managers, and decide who among them has shown that they are capable of implementing the required overhaul. 

She then needs to look at the whole structure of the business, and decide if there is a better way to run it.

This message is in lieu of my response to the survey asking about my visit to Vale Park yesterday

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've been like this for months. I got criticised quite a bit on here for turning off the away League game at Stevenage at half time as I was bored rigid with the tedium. Think that was October. It was awful even back then. 

I then regrettably got involved in a spat with a fellow fan at the final whistle at Shrewsbury where I was very vocal in booing off another hideous showing. The signs were gathering pace we were heading for trouble. 

Fans knew it. Hierarchy slept and were still in denial even 3 weeks ago with the Carol meltdown speech. 

The club has smashed plenty of records this season and will continue to do so.

Crosby stock has gone up immeasurably because of how woeful Moore has been. 

I can't help thinking that one result this season has relegated us. Mansfield. Other than that Crosby was a dead man walking. 

As awful as Moore is you don't put plan Z in place once the transfer window has gone.

However Moore has been atrocious. 

I feel I should apologise to Crosby because he rightly assessed the squad. His tactics were to minimise the deficit of the team at L1 level. It didn't work. Moore is encountering an even worse problem caused by the Jan window and the loss of our good on loan players. 

Surely Darren and his team would only come to Port Vale if there is a clear route to improvement. That likely comes down to increasing the player budget and bringing in better players. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

It seemed there was a lot more people more interested in just looking at their phones than what was on the pitch. I was one of them.

Only time I did get really agitated second half Baylee Dipepa had picked up the ball in what for any other team could be a dangerous area but no Vale player even thought to make a run to help him and instead he was hung out to dry with three Oxford players around him and no Vale player in sight. That to me showed there are players who've quit.

That one move was an utter disgrace.  How the hell can seasoned pro's not support a 17 yr old kid trying to outdo 3 defenders alone.  Disgusting.

Baylee at the moment is the only bright spark amongst a drizzly field full of rotting turds.

Edited by Bede

10 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Unfortunately, it’s not in the players’ blood and hearts, not including Ripley and Garrity. 

I see effort out there HV from all the players, the problem is collectively and individually most are not good enough for Lge 1, as a result their confidence is absolutely shot.

Look at Wilson yesterday, a player who's been accused by some fans many times for not trying, he tried to get the crowd going on multiple occasions and put himself about, at times he looked so frustrated he tried to "go it alone" and take the situation by the scruff of the neck..

• Like 3

Can anyoine explain this recent infatuation with the club and the players trying to raise the fans up for the fight?  Where the hell has this nonsense come from?  The fans, all things considered, have been tremendous, travelling in numbers despite our terrible season.  Who is instigating this <ovf censored>?

Give us something to get behind, you lazy bastards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

I dread to think what nonsense will come from the club when we get relegated.

’We are learning and will learn from this’

’Get behind us’

It will be "Flickers put together a promotion team before, and he'll do it again!"

Negating the fact he's also put together a relegation team.

• Like 1

The apathy comes from getting promoted, being promised the world and literally nothing being delivered by said promises. Turning us into a humiliated laughing stock, where opposing supporters from far and wide, have the time of their lives at our expense over and over again.
We've tried and tried to get behind them, home and away. We have done our bit. It's an insult that others haven't.
At least we may win some games in league 2,so that's something to look forward to . But as it stands, it was completely and utterly pointless getting into league 1, an absolute waste of time. Wether that's down to niavity(sp) arrogance, innocence, ego whatever, we will never know as we flounder about for some kind of answer to as to why!
Oh well. UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Granville said:

I think its because the upper hierarchy genuinely feel what we do on the pitch is less important than all the community work we do etc.

We've worked really hard to make our reputation a good one outside of our actual fan base by rubbing shoulders with the EFL, Robbie Williams, the city Council and anyone else who can enhance the club's reputation outside of the city and off the pitch, but we've actually neglected the paying customers who turn up every week and actually watch the football!

I dont agre with this idea that the community work etc is the reason we are terrible. Its doesnt have to be one thing or another. Community or the first team squad. We absolutely needed to improve our reputation after smurfs reign. And i still take a lot of pride over what our club did over the pandemic. It made a difference to a lot of people at the time. And i dont for a second believe delivering food to vulnerable people during covid is the reason we havent brought a striker in. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

I dont agre with this idea that the community work etc is the reason we are terrible. Its doesnt have to be one thing or another. Community or the first team squad. We absolutely needed to improve our reputation after smurfs reign. And i still take a lot of pride over what our club did over the pandemic. It made a difference to a lot of people at the time. And i dont for a second believe delivering food to vulnerable people during covid is the reason we havent brought a striker in. 

I'm not saying it is, but I do believe that type of thing is more important to Carol than the on the pitch activity. 

• Like 1