onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

3 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I sat in the Paddock yesterday totally disinterested in the game as the whole set up on and off the pitch stinks of hypocrity and mediocrity. The condition of the portaloos prior to entering the ground leaves a lot to be desired. There is no spine to the team, literally, no cohesion with themselves nor the fans. The club has gone from a position of positive strength to one of despair and eventual ruin (again). "All fur coat no knickers", total hypocricy, abject performance and desire. There could be financial reasons behind this capitulation in virtually all that was the 'new' Port Vale under the Shanahans, but if this were the case DM would not be here (Who also sadly does not inspire me sadly). Only one way this club is heading at the moment and we all know where that is - well those of us who do actually care. Sad, very sad. Bad decision follows bad decision, delusional ethics, motives and planning. Rant over, see you next home game for more of the same.... but maybe not next season. May be 48 years and out for me.

Yep, spot on this. The place in starting to look at right dump with discarded white goods at the back of the Hamil, the concourse of the Hamil a complete mess, disgusting with no one bothering to put bins for bottles, used teabags etc, staff in the serving areas, staff just utterly gormless and sauntering around with big queues at HT, I could go on. They really have picked a bad time to be sending a match day survey based on yesterday because they might not like the answers.

• Like 7

Advert

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yep, spot on this. The place in starting to look at right dump with discarded white goods at the back of the Hamil, the concourse of the Hamil a complete mess, disgusting with no one bothering to put bins for bottles, used teabags etc, staff in the serving areas, staff just utterly gormless and sauntering around with big queues at HT, I could go on. They really have picked a bad time to be sending a match day survey based on yesterday because they might not like the answers.

Mate they don't respond to surveys or emails these days. Way above that, who are we to complain?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Big queues at HT? 
I’ve been in the Hamil all season and not been in a big queue yet 

• Like 1

But at least we played with pride.
I keep saying it....we are worse under Moore.
I somehow lasted at the game until the point where Wilson aimed a cross field ball to DiPepa...straight out of play.
Then the interviews....God help us,although,I don't think he actually could 
Carol has allowed Fraudcroft to help assemble this squad and we are stuck with them next season. His process is appalling ..it has no substance. Get loans in,they go back,get more loans in. The only striker we have signed is Uche. Even an idiot knows you won't score goals with no strikers. Arblaster made Ojo look decent. Devine carried the MF when he'd gone. I actually think Ollie will get young player of the season and he hasn't played since December.
Owen Dale has made 15 appearances and 13 as sub with 2 goals and 2 assists. Jones made him look like Messi. This was playing against a team that got hammered 5-0 on Tuesday.
Yesterday will have been the last straw for a lot of fans. They've already started disappearing where I sit...over 20 home defeats in 2 seasons ..Carol...you are running the club with your patronizing appointment of El Presidente and your snotty condescending letter to the fans backed by an obnoxious arrogant fool who announced he isnt thinking of relegation 

34 minutes ago, Old School said:

I dodged the bullet on this one. I had got it in my head that we were away and by the time I realised we were at home it was too late. I watched some of the game on ifollow and interestingly we looked even worse through that medium than actually being there. In fact we were just so bad that I couldn't even watch it from my comfy armchair. All their usual failings seemed to be magnified with no footballing ability, no pride, heart or fight and absolutely clueless in seemingly each and every situation. The question is on another thread, but here's the answer. Yes, this is the worst Vale team ever.

Mate it's a good job there were no bullets to use and/ or dodge in Vale Park yesterday!!

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Was that DF sitting next to Carol with his shades on yesterday I’m sure I could see him from the Hamil as it was not sunny is he already in disguise 

I think that was Bono from U2. Our next President as President Robbie has been dreadful, not overseen a win yet. 

I hear he is keen to invest as he shares Carol’s vision for helping the poor and needy. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Look at the whole table FUA...Exeter, Stevenage, Bristol Rovers, Shrews, Burton FGS

What does that say about 'little Port Vale'

Total Market Values 2023/24

Exeter £9.05m,Stevenage £5.98m, Bristol Rovers £8.65m,Shrewsbury £7.80m,Burton £6.95m,FGS???

Port Vale £6.40m

So I really enjoyed myself yesterday, great day...... in Manchester for a gig. 

Stupidly asked my son for updates. 

It's the hope that kills you. Every time my phone pinged it was in anticipation. How gullible could I be.

Here's a few gems from my lad. 

1 down again off a corner. 

Matter of time before it's 2 we are getting murdered.

Jones is ****. ( short but to the point ) rhymes with tank.

2 subs already Clark had his worst game ever.

I never want to see Jones in a Vale shirt again.

Absolutely toss they don't care.

So I swerved a cracker by the looks of it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stamfordvale said:

This manager, all fur coat and no knickers, he's just wind and pish, 5 years to hoan his manager skills with his team of shysters, Oh Carol you are such fool, you screwed it when employed these tools, as for Flitcroft he'll make you cry, cause in the end the Vale will surely die. Apologies to N Sedaka.

Carol's glowing review of Moore - "I can't believe Darren Moore would come to little old Port Vale" - reminds me of Smurthwaite appointing Ribeiro - "Wow, Jose Mourinho has recommended him".

Moore hasn't got any sort of track record of turning around poor teams.

He's great if you've got a budget and want promotion, but he's clearly a big fish in a small pond manager.

We'd have been better off with an old school spit and sawdust type manager.

Yesterday was baffling once again.

James Plant at right back?! HE'S A FORWARD! Surely the move would have been to bring Lopata on, then put Smith/Debrah at RB?!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Carol's glowing review of Moore - "I can't believe Darren Moore would come to little old Port Vale" - reminds me of Smurthwaite appointing Ribeiro - "Wow, Jose Mourinho has recommended him".

My biggest gripe with Carol is that many of her comments about the club create the impression that she has bought a small, minor division club with no history like Stevenage or something. 

I genuinely think she believes the current situation isn’t that bad and we are somehow punching above our weight being in league 1 in the first place. That’s certainly the flavour of things I get from the letter. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

image.png.99a2b5ebd5a0146ebf4bb32e5f2ea3e7.png

We're breaking all sorts of records this season!

It’s quite an achievement to have managed that. I bet Carol is really pleased what Flitcroft has helped to achieve. I mean, even Smurfwaire and MOLD asset strippers couldn’t plumb such depths of misery over a whole season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1