onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

7 from safety with 11 to play   - current form 1 point from 21 with the so called new manager bounce.

We are down - players have no confidence, club losing direction and fan trust. DF  and CS playing fiddles whist Rome burns.

Worst season I can remember I have been through relegation a few times since ‘86 but this season we are gutless with no clue or direction.

Been heading this way since Colin Garlic suddenly left and DF seemed to take over. Patrick is no Colin and DF a total fraud just look at Bury.

Anyway resigned to relegation only silver lining if we do CS wakes up smells the roses and boots DF out of our club.

Edited by sheffieldclayhead
  • Like 7

Advert

Went for my annual post match drink in Market Drayton with my Salopian mate, somebody who has supported Shrewsbury for as long as I have the Vale and he said it was the worst Vale side he had seen since the late 70s.

Flitcroft Out.

• Like 4

We were dodgy at best with no real game plan apart from pass it wide then boot it 

But we still should of won the game 3 massive chances first half 

There was a difference in ojo though he looked up for it for a change 

Benning looked better than when he was with us in league 1i personally think he struggled on our old pitch but quite possibly could of been the negativity of a section of the fans towards him 

No wonder ripley told them calm down 

I never understand this. Bring out one of our quicker players to the halfway Line and they will bring out two. So with their keeper back, a guy taking the corner and two marking our speed merchant they will only have 7 In our box instead of 9.  Does that make sense or am I being daft?
I'm not sure it would be wise to have Ripley on the halfway line when defending a corner.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

7 from safety with 11 to play   - current form 1 point from 21 with the so called new manager bounce.

We are down - players have no confidence, club losing direction and fan trust. DF  and CS playing fiddles whist Rome burns.

Worst season I can remember I have been through relegation a few times since ‘86 but this season we are gutless with no clue or direction.

Been heading this way since Colin Garlic suddenly left and DF seemed to take over. Patrick is no Colin and DF a total fraud just look at Bury.

Anyway resigned to relegation only silver lining if we do CS wakes up smells the roses and boots DF out of our club.

Colin Garlick didn’t even work 3 days notice if I’m correct.

He left under a cloud. 
Like many others.

Steve Speed anyone? 
The pitch is <ovf censored> by the way.

Time we started asking those hard questions to the owner. And why she has a phrase along the lines of when you’re not needed anymore you’re not wanted anymore.

She may think her new found fame in football is untouchable. 
Crook Norman thought that. 
She needs to understand that football fans of 40,50,60,70 plus years will dig at anything for the sake of THEIR football club.

5 million for vale at the time didn’t add up. 
And yes she saved us. She and Kevin actually. Although he’s anonymous these days. 
And the last 18 months have been baffling to watch as a football project. Which is essentially what we are.

Three to Four failed transfer windows with no striking options and no wing backs. Doesn’t add up.

Her sheer defiance of David Flitcroft doesn’t add up.

Her employing her unqualified son doesn’t add up.

Her crying in the valiant suite and telling fans the players are phenomenal, doesn’t add up.

The players almost look gagged in their performances and the manager, well, he’s singing off the same hymn sheet as the open letter. It doesn’t add up.

I hope I’m wrong. But. Sitting back. Taking a look at a lot of what’s gone on this last 18 months. It doesn’t add up.

And if anything is a miss then the factions that will be will find it out. 

• Like 3

I don't think there is a master plan, just a series of poor decisions have lead us to the brink of relegation. I feel strangely calm this morning now it is clear that we are going to be relegated. Dipepas goal yesterday got me off my feet but the players didn't respond by going on to win. 

• Like 6

Just brought more pain on myself by watching the Moore interview on YouTube. 

So Lopata and Loft were fit and available but neither in the squad. Lopata surely as average as he is has to be a better option than our other defenders.

Great loan signing .

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Colin Garlick didn’t even work 3 days notice if I’m correct.

He left under a cloud. 
Like many others.

Steve Speed anyone? 
The pitch is <ovf censored> by the way.

Time we started asking those hard questions to the owner. And why she has a phrase along the lines of when you’re not needed anymore you’re not wanted anymore.

She may think her new found fame in football is untouchable. 
Crook Norman thought that. 
She needs to understand that football fans of 40,50,60,70 plus years will dig at anything for the sake of THEIR football club.

5 million for vale at the time didn’t add up. 
And yes she saved us. She and Kevin actually. Although he’s anonymous these days. 
And the last 18 months have been baffling to watch as a football project. Which is essentially what we are.

Three to Four failed transfer windows with no striking options and no wing backs. Doesn’t add up.

Her sheer defiance of David Flitcroft doesn’t add up.

Her employing her unqualified son doesn’t add up.

Her crying in the valiant suite and telling fans the players are phenomenal, doesn’t add up.

The players almost look gagged in their performances and the manager, well, he’s singing off the same hymn sheet as the open letter. It doesn’t add up.

I hope I’m wrong. But. Sitting back. Taking a look at a lot of what’s gone on this last 18 months. It doesn’t add up.

And if anything is a miss then the factions that will be will find it out. 

The pitch is <ovf censored>? 

Can u imagine what it would of been without the money spent on it 

5 million didn’t add up? 
You have already answered that regarding Smurf in your last rant 

The players looked gagged in there performance yesterday there was more effort and big chances missed as poor as it was

Recruitment big mistakes mate we can all see that u don’t have to keep telling us 

The rest of it that does not add up what are u trying to say? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't think there is a master plan, just a series of poor decisions have lead us to the brink of relegation. I feel strangely calm this morning now it is clear that we are going to be relegated. Dipepas goal yesterday got me off my feet but the players didn't respond by going on to win. 

I agree it’s simple as that just bad decisions being made 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Went for my annual post match drink in Market Drayton with my Salopian mate, somebody who has supported Shrewsbury for as long as I have the Vale and he said it was the worst Vale side he had seen since the late 70s.

Flitcroft Out.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the other day that it's like it was when Bobby Smith was in charge.

At the moment watching Vale is like a re-enactment of the Book of Job - for the less Biblically minded Vale fan, this is a character who is very rich and in a matter of hours loses everything. That's what it feels like supporting Vale at the moment. But the moral of the story is never to lose faith, even when things go wrong. And even if Vale lose every game left this season I'll still be renewing my season ticket, because I refuse to lose faith. Whether Vale stay up or go down, whether Flitcroft stays or goes, no matter what happens, I'll still be there next season.

In the Bible story Job gets what he has lost back, and a bit more besides. I cling to the belief that better times lie ahead, even if it doesn't appear so now. But Bobby Smith went and John McGrath and John Rudge arrived.

I may not post again this season but it will be in the hope that things will turn round, whether now or later, whether in L1 or L2.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Flitcroft Out.

What was your verdict on your mates team ?

I thought Shrewsbury were a really poor side. Bit of pace and big centre halves, they are down the bottom end deservedly if that performance is anything to go by.

Yet still beat us at a relative canter ! .

52 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't think there is a master plan, just a series of poor decisions have lead us to the brink of relegation.

RZ has it right. There is nothing to add up, no grand conspiracy, nothing like that. Just a consistent run of bad decisions from the director of football and a continuing bad decision to have total faith in this director of football.

• Like 5